PDA

View Full Version : Worst of my anxiety over for now?

phil06
24-06-10, 12:58
I had been suffering severe panic attacks which has left me pretty much not wanting to leave the house, lots of depersonalization, restlessness, sleepless nights, constant worrying about my health and so on.

The last week I have felt a little more calm. I'm taking some propanalol been on them for about 3 weeks now which seems to have cut back on some of the worst chest and panic problem. I feel less worried about myself and I am no longer thinking about anxiety 24/7. At worst I went a few days totally full of anxiety. I managed to go out and suffered mild depersonalization took a few deep breaths and let it pass. I don't feel like going into town yet but I am now saying to myself next week and maybe try another walk.

I am getting better sleep and able to eat without anxiety now. I had a stressful period where I failed my driving test. It was the second time I remember most which really set me back. A positive is I failed the third but never felt any worse..I have a 4th try next month but not sure how I will feel yet. I am kind of getting bored with the anxiety as it does, for months I suffered extreme OCD and it moved onto this, first time I've had physical symptoms bad for a year and a half.

Feels like a chapter in my life as it was so intense..probably up there with my top 3 anxiety attacks that can last months. I'm not fully better but I hope this is me moving on now? I feel I'm slowly getting better and focusing less on it. I felt I was really going through it myself but I am hoping this is the worst part over and in the next few weeks I can start going out and about again? I can only manage work at the moment.

daydreamer
24-06-10, 13:08
Hi Phil,

thats good news that you feel your moving on a bit. The thing about anxiety it that it takes time to get over, its not something that just goes away over night. It takes us a while to realise nothing bad is going happen to us and that the physical feelings we have are all due to anxiety, once we come to terms with that we can start to trust ourselves a bit more. I think your right to keep doing more and more things, its the only way, every week do something that scares you a little bit, the more you do it the less scared you will be. Good luck x