PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions Gratefully Received!

agingwuss
24-06-10, 13:39
I was doing so well that I hardly went into this site for about 6 months. But I've had some problems with my boob & now HA is well and truly back!
I'm trying to remember what my CBT helper said - that a set-back is only to be expected & to try and remember what he said before but I've got one real problem
I work from home so I'm alone until my partner comes home from work so I've got just so much time to come up with horrible 'what if-s' and really negative thoughts. It's so hard to distract yourself when it's just you and a PC with nobody to talk to.
Has anybody got any suggestions that might take my mind off myself?!:huh:

Humly
24-06-10, 14:42
Sorry you are suffering. I know what its like and nothing I do seems to take my mind off things. Can you go out, maybe just to have a wander around the shops or the park or something, just to pass the time away until your partner comes home. I was gonna say that talking about my worries always helps but I think my hubby is sick of me moaning on and thats why I come here. Hope you are ok.

blueangel
24-06-10, 15:41
Doing things that require physical activity or really intense concentration seem to help me. I've got through loads of Sudoku books since I discovered what a great distraction they are!

Vixxy
24-06-10, 15:47
As blueangel suggested, try to find something that distracts you from thinking and sets you on auto pilot. For me I find the most relief when Im taking photos.

Jumpy
24-06-10, 16:30
Hi

I find doing the housework helps.

agingwuss
25-06-10, 08:24
Thanks for the suggestions, folks.
I'm afraid I can't get out while my partner's at work - as I work from home I need to be on the end of my land-line phone all the time.
But I'm certainly going to try Sudoku - I do need something that'll take up all my brain!
:smile: