PDA

View Full Version : Can't take anymore emetophobia.

HelenLouise
24-06-10, 16:16
I'm so sick of this fear!
I'm about to get a train to London for the night and I am panicing so much about being sick.
This phobia is making me feel ill.
I am scared to eat, leave the house, take tablets.
I can't take any more of it!
I really feel like i'm at my wits end with this now.
It is ruining my life.
All i ever seem to do is work myself into an state of nausea and then it won't go away for ages! I just want to be normal!
Could really use some comfort now :( xxx

Vixxy
25-06-10, 09:23
Hi helen. I completely understand where you are. Have you tried CBT?

fairyclairy
25-06-10, 17:10
Im completely the same.. its horrible!

I went to the docs the other month and he tried to put me on medication, he said how it can really help blah blah blah... i tried telling him that because of my fear, i cant take tablets!! Especially ones that produce nausea/sickness as a side effect!!
He just didnt understand... no one understands!! Its so frustrating...

I hate the little digs i get from everyone, laughing at the things i do or cant do, for example, check dates on food, refuse to eat anything if its one day past its sell by date, carrying a bottle of water around with me etc etc

I know it sounds horrible, but sometimes i wish id broke my leg or something and used a wheelchair.. atleast then people would be able to see my disability and have alittle more understanding.. rather than having this illness no one can see or understand!!

I hope you're feeling alittle more positive now x

P.s, a book i brought the other month is really good 'Living with Emetophobia' by Nicolette Heaton-Harris ..... I would strongly recommend this book x

Haruka
27-06-10, 05:33
I know how it feels. I have a milder emetophobia, but right now my grandma has the flu, and I am freaking out hoping I dont get it. Then I get nauseous from nervousness, and it makes me panic more, it is a whole suckish cycle.

zoëgirl
28-06-10, 23:12
Hi. I know exactly how you feel. Luckily for me I'm starting to learn how to manage. At one point I realised that I was stronger than the fear and that I knew I could push through it. Hopefully you will realise this too. A couple days ago when I was having a panic attack I managed through it by just telling myself that I was stronger and that I could beat the fear. I found it helpful to read this too http://www.nlppati.com/articles/end-panic-attacks.shtml Anyways, I hope that you manage to gain more control over the fear. :)