PDA

View Full Version : hard day :(

vicky23
24-06-10, 16:20
hi last night my Grandma started getting chest pains so after much protest from Grandma who didn't want to go, Mam rang 999 and she went to hospital, she had a heart attack but it was just a minor one so they kept her over night and to do tests in the morning.
I went up last night and was totally fine in the hospital really pretty much anxiety free which is a miracle because just that lunch time I had sat at school (a totally nonthreatening enviromnent ) and was feeling very anxious and 'twitchy' but here I am in the hosp where my Grandma has had another heart attack and I'm fine.
so today we went to pick her up but as we were going into the hospital and trying to find where she was I got more and more anxious and burst into tears the thought of seeing her was just panicking me which is weird because I'd already seen her last night and she looked ok.
so I sat outside and calmed down then Mam went to see what was happeneing they said just 5-10 mins to get her medication which turned into 3/4 hr, on top of the hour already sat outside calming down/waiting, at which point I rang my Dad to pick me up who also has anxiety issues so understood.
The weird thing is I'm feeling so emotional and teary even though I know that it was just a minor heart attack (she's had a major one 2 years ago)
so now I'm just sitting at home with a chamomile tea feeling rather wiped out and I'm not sure how long it'll take Mam, Granda and Grandma to get back.
thank you for reading I feel better getting my thoughts out

mary3
24-06-10, 20:32
Hi hope your feeling better now, sounds like you have had a stressful time recently. Hope your grandma is feeling better too. I think you are probably feeling emotional and teary because of the shock of seeing your grandma ill and your body and mind is always tired and drained after a sudden increase of adrenaline. Take care xx

Typer
24-06-10, 21:26
Vicky, that experience is bound to leave you drained and teary. I hope you feel better soon and that your grandma recovers very quickly.

X

alias_kev
25-06-10, 01:24
From my own experience the adrenaline and importance of a situation can often carry us through a crisis. Its afterwards we tend to collapse as we lose the "crisis mode" in all its aspects. Infact I'd say its quite common to sort of then whiplash to a worse state than someone who didn't cope in the first place, or how we normally are.

With the crisis over its also an opportunity for an anxious brain to drag out all possible fears and worries about your Gran (valid and invalid ones) and blow them out of all proportion. It will take you a little while to get back to normality, but hopefully not too long as you only had the "strong coping phase" for a day or two.

vicky23
25-06-10, 09:29
thank you all guys
Grandma is doing well this morning she had a good night and is doing fine just tired
I had a really good long sleep last night and feel better this morning
thank you all so much for your kind thoughts xx

marie1974
25-06-10, 12:45
Hiya and i am pleased to hear your grandma is doing good, Grandma's r so special, its no wonder you have felt like you have, its a lot of stress and worry, just take it easy and sounds like that long sleep worked wonders, it always helps i think, big hugs xx