PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one.

tulip123
14-02-06, 17:31
For those who work - is their anyone who finds the holidays more difficult than work. As I have a stressful job since the summer I have found that my anxiety has inceased badly during holiday periods. Once I get back to work, I tend to feel fine again after a period of time. I'm on holiday now and I'm starting to get all the symptoms over again. I'm keeping busy, going out and doing all kinds of things but inside I feel a mess like an impending sense of disaster. I have considered that there is something inside making me unhappy and when there is a holiday I tend to dwell on it making feel ill and unable to eat. Also my usual interests seem less intersting.

Tulip

Missy
14-02-06, 19:08
One piece of advice I can give is keep your holiday getting up and going to bed times the same as when you are working. This does help.
Try to do things where other people are involved so you can concentrate on others and no home in on your own feelings.
Hope this helps

ANXIETY26
14-02-06, 19:35
Hi Tulip123,

I used to be like you. I think with me it was the fact that I used to manage my anxiety by having a daily routine. When the holidays came and the routine was'nt there I used to feel lost and then the anxiety would return. Aswell as that I used to bury my head in work to avoid certain things in life that maybe I did'nt want to deal with. There is probably something inside making you unhappy and your using work as an excuse to cover it up and not deal with it appropriately. Hope this helps.

Paul

tulip123
14-02-06, 20:26
Hi yes there is an inner unhappiness which I am aware of but I cannot think for the life of me how to blitz it at this moment in time. I take pills and they help me sleep but I just fill churned up inside all the time. I cannot drive, I'm cut off on my own and single: Every time a holiday arrives I'm reminded of it. And yes I do try and go out but its not like i'm 20 years old anymore. I'm thinking of moving in the long run which will help, meanwhile all I can do is keep busy at home.

tulip

Tomimo
15-02-06, 21:41
You are definitely not alone! I work in a school and so I find the school holidays hard to deal with. During term time I have to get on and work and concentrate, it keeps me busy focused and distracted.

I have tried to keep myself busy during the half term - I have planned acitivities for the kids, etc and I try not to spend too much time just sitting around dwelling.

I think the key is to make sure you have some plans to aim for but at the same time there needs to be an acceptance of just being for a while - it's a tough balance :)

Annie x