PDA

View Full Version : is it working?

moomintroll
25-06-10, 08:11
i am still on my 15mg dose and due at my doctors today, i still have insomnia, since starting taking it, i have only had 2 nights where i have slept more that 3 or 4 hours, been on it for nearly 3 weeks now, i have no idea if its working or not as i am not sure what its meant to do :shrug: or how its meant to make you feel

i still crave sugary things and i am not sure if anyone else feels like a blown up balloon on it, i still have days where i am feeling highly anxious, i have also noticed that my legs feel tight as if they are retaining water on these tablets and my ankles puff up, i have noticed i cannot concentrate sometimes on it aswell and my mind wanders, this morning i was standing for half an hour just staring into space

:unsure:

Baggs
25-06-10, 08:37
I took Mirtazapine a year ago and it worked for me and I felt magic - I was active and sociable and generally cooking with gas. I would give it a bit longer than three weeks, it might still work for you. All the best. Baggs.

ElizabethJane
25-06-10, 09:32
Hi Moomintroll 15mg is not usually a therapeutic dose. Are you taking any other medication besides the mirtazapine? It is usually 30-45mg. Your GP might up your dose depending on the side effects that you have been having. Usually in the lower doses mirtazapine has quite a sedative effect. Your GP might have to add in something to help you sleep as well if you are still not sleeping. I hope it it works for you. I have found mirtazapine very helpful at 45mg but others have not. Take care EJ.

Vixxy
25-06-10, 13:10
I found I had a lot of cravings for sugary cakes and chocolate last year. I reduced the dose(from 30 to 15) to try and get past the weight gain, but then had a major relapse with my anxiety. Since then Im now taking 45mg, however my anxiety has manifested into me being afraid ill be sick, so ive not been eating normally for months now.
Im actually hopng that they will help me put on weight lol

moomintroll
27-06-10, 11:33
i spoke to my doctor and i am now taking two 15mg tablets a day one in the morning and one at night to see how it goes, i do take propanalol aswell buts thats once a day and its a betablocker, the doctor is sending me for blood tests just to rule out anything like diabetes etc as i am craving sugary stuff and thirsty all the time, i hate the fact i have put on weight with it as i am alread overweight and its very uncomfortable having me jeans etc digging into me when i am wearing them, hopefully i will lose the weight again as if i gain anymore it will start making me anxious about my self image as thats one of causes of my anxiety

hope the tablets do settle out, i think the doctor has me on a lower dosage as i react quite badly to tablets and i am one of the unlucky ones who get most of the side effects as the first two tablets i tried i had to stop as i felt so ill on them