PDA

View Full Version : morning scare

lorraine
26-06-10, 10:41
hi

this morning i was on the phone with one hand and the other arm was lying in a uncomfortable position around the elbow region all of a sudden my thumb and finger next to thumb started to quiver and then quiver side to side. I panicked jumped out of bed moved my hand and arm and everything went back to normal. Now my arm feel achey and i am terrified there is something neurologically wrong with me. My ocd has set in major and i am constantly checking my arm and my hands movements, Anybody had something similiar.

I have posted so many times this week. I had been getting better but everything is back with a vengence.

Thanks

Lorraine

PanchoGoz
26-06-10, 10:53
The thumbs are one of the most common places to twitch. I often find if I relax my thumb, I can let it jump around with no control needed at all, usually at night or after I have been using it. Its normal.
Just make sure you are not overusing your hands, eg. computer games (esp), guitar playing, gardening, anything like that should be done only so much they don't cause you lasting pain.

ewood79
26-06-10, 10:54
Hi Lorraine,

I always get that, especially if i wake in the night with my arm in all sorts of funny positions...

I just give it a shake and a stretch and its all good...... when we add fear to any symptom it always kicks in our anxious ways...

My arm is sometimes sore for a little while after too as you could have been lying on it for ages!!

Hope this helps....... Breathe!!!!

lorraine
26-06-10, 11:00
hi there

thanks for replying so quickly. I had got myself into a right state!!!!!!
i can calm down now.

thanks again

lorraine