PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia & Fluoxetine (Prozac/Sarafem) SIDE EFFECTS

Lulluh
26-06-10, 14:21
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone (emetophobics especially) had taken fluoxetine, as I am very worried about side effects like nausea/vomiting, and i am due to have it prescribed in a week or so :(
Thanks,
Lulluh x

HelenLouise
26-06-10, 14:47
hey! I too have Emetophobia and take Fluoxetine.
I used to be on Escitalopram but was too scared to take them incase they made me feel sick. So my Dr but me on fluoxetine.
So far the only side effect i've had was slight drowsiness, but that was only for a couple of days.
I know someone else who is on them and she didn't get any side effects either :) xxx

Lulluh
26-06-10, 21:34
Thank you so much for replying! That helps a little :)

Danath
26-06-10, 23:28
hey, I started on fluoxetine a couple of years back and was severely emetophobic and I never got any nausea/vom on them, the only reason I changed meds was due to a relapse and they were no longer appropriate for me. I think the medical companies always put that one in there just to cover themselves. Try them, they've stood the test of time, in the words of the doctor who prescribed them to me.

Blondie23
29-07-10, 13:49
Hiya im new here.....i also take prozac....never ever had sickness or felt sick on this....hope this makes you feel better xxx

Dahlia
01-08-10, 17:49
I took Prozac for 6 months and never felt nauseous. And if a med is going to cause nausea as a side effect, you can guarantee I'll get it!

Dahlia