PDA

View Full Version : constant muscle tension and nausea

gailb
26-06-10, 18:39
Hi
I am new to this as I have been feeling so anxious over the last year that I have not been able to concentrate well enough to read or use the computer. I have a very high level of muscle tension and feeling sick all the time and finding it almost impossible to cope with life. It is made worse by being a psychologist myself and knowing the 'theory' of all the treatments. I have been off work all that time and am frightened of never being able to work again. I need to have some hope and maybe anything that has helped you.

Vixxy
26-06-10, 18:41
Hi Gail. The biggest help for me was to learn to relax. Buy yourself a relaxation mp3 and practice it daily.

MidnightCalm
26-06-10, 18:42
I have constant nausea which makes it hard for me to eat, I hope you start feeling better soon, all the symptoms just run around in my head thus making me worse in the longrun.
Here's to hoping we both wake up feeling A LOT better tomorrow x

montana
26-06-10, 19:51
Hi same here - i find myself tensing my muscles all the time and have to conciously remind myself to relax on an hourly basis. I feel like an old woman half the time cos everything is sore neck, tummy you name it! I dont know what the answer is but you are not alone.
Just keep trying to remember to relax and try to distract yourself
xx

suzannacorfu
26-06-10, 19:55
Hey there Gailb!
I too am a psychologist and struggle with this so you're not alone I promise! Of course you will work again and you'll be a better psychologist for it!
Having knowledge does not make you immune to this! You know that you are too close to be able to see clearly.
I too have really bad muscle tension which makes me feel very unstabe sometimes (supermarket queues for example!)
Feel free to send me any personal messages anytime you need to OK??
Suzi

sjr1969
26-06-10, 20:18
i can relate to this. be kind to yourself and have a lovely hot soapy bath for starters, then do something just for you. Pamper yourself. it might help x

sarah x

Sunkid
28-06-10, 21:34
Wow, I am a therapist and my biggest struggle is with tense muscles. I get them in my chest, neck, shoulders and now my stomach. It freaks me out big time. I have learnt that acceptance is the first step to change. I accept these feelings and I sometimes have to accept that I cannot accept them. I know it is difficult, but you are not alone. Good luck