PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome

molly36
26-06-10, 19:11
Hi does anyone else suffer from this Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome ,symptoms are chronic tight chest as if your suffocating especially when doing housework or running or walking.When i have excersised hard in the past i find it really hard to catch my breath its terryfing .I have stopped any activity because of this and incase heart rate rises.Today my chest feels so tight i feel so worried .Just hate it kind regards molly

loveletter
26-06-10, 19:24
Yes Molly think I must have this as well.

I mowed my lawn today and it is only a small garden but had to stop and sit down every few minuets as felt breathless tight chest and like I was suffocating.

It took about 5 goes to get the garden done as it scared me.

Seem to get this sometimes when doing a lot of house work and going up and down the stairs

molly36
26-06-10, 19:50
Than you for your reply .Its awfull isnt it i cant stand it,i just wish i could correct it but ive had it that long i dont now if its possible kind regards molly

anthrokid
27-06-10, 03:15
Heya Molly, I think a lot of people who suffer from anxiety and panic also suffer with this to a degree. I do, I breathe a million times faster than I'm supposed to. I've always breathed so quickly that I never realised I was actually hyperventilating all of the time until my psychiatrist tried to do some breathing exercises with me and I could only breathe in and out for 2 seconds instead of 5. I'd always thought I suffered from asthma but turns out it's just been hyperventilation all along! Have you tried yoga and meditation? I have been doing these for a couple of months now and my breathing has improved immensely! There's some amazing breathing techniques in yoga that really help, I use them whenever I feel that I can't breathe.

molly36
27-06-10, 16:41
hi thank you for your reply ,i am going to start doing yoga again .it does help .kind regards molly