PDA

View Full Version : I started psychotherapy today..

sarahliz
14-02-06, 22:24
I really didn't know what to expect; I didn't find CBT to beneficial.

I'm starting with a block of 8 sessions. Todays was an assessment interview. The next couple of seesions will be about breathing and learning relaxation techs and distractions techs.

After I have mastered the techs we will be working on my thoughts and changing my automatic think reflexes!!?? At the end I will be put in a situation that triggers my panic and I will have to work though it and survive it for 45 mins (which apparently is the maximum length an panic attack can last as adrenalin cannot stay in your blood for more that 45 mins?)

So all in all not to bad; I'm a bit sceptical but feel better for going. We'll see how it goes; . Next appointment is next Tues so we'll see what happens....I'l update.

tnt808
14-02-06, 23:08
Good luck Sarah,

I hope all goes well for you. I am certain my next step will be CBT. My fear of almost all forms of travel w/the occasional exception of driving, along with my severe anxiety disorder will require some form I am sure of it.
First we are trying Hypnosis next Wednesday. I'm a little scared, and skeptical of this as well. Who knows, right? Maybe this will help.

So, needless to say I hope you find your therapy helpful, if nothing else I hope that you will find something good from it and apply it daily. Please let us know how it turns out.

nomorepanic
15-02-06, 20:12
Good luck and keep us updated here with how it goes.

Nicola