PDA

View Full Version : Its like being on a rollercoaster

Zee
26-06-10, 21:38
Does anyone have days when theyre feeling quite ok and then suddenly find they feel off even without any intrusive thoughts or anything setting you off?
Ive been pretty good for a week and up to lunchtime today and then suddenly felt flat and low. It came from nowhere.
Why does this happen ?

montana
26-06-10, 21:42
Hi yes that happens to me all the time - last week i was on holiday and all fine then 2 days after getting home i had a major panic/anxiety attack. I dont know why it happens but boy is it annoying.

Hope you feel better soon
x

skippy66
26-06-10, 21:46
Tell me about it!!

I played 2hrs tennis today and felt fit as a fiddle, decided to treat myself to 2 glasses of wine with dinner and now I am sat here with a really tight chest, headache, heart pounding, mild wheeze which I've not had before so I'm googling (bad idea), feeling like I've got a cold coming on too.

From being on top of the world to thinking I've got asthma, pulmonary edema, angina, oesophageal cancer, start of pneumonia - at least one of those. It's f*cking ridiculous and I HATE myself for thinking like this.

I HAVE to break this pattern somehow

montana
26-06-10, 21:48
Hey skippy! You are describing me! Stop googling x

Zee
26-06-10, 21:50
Just drives me crazy trying to figure it all out. So frustrating..All I know for sure is that ive had sinus /ear type things for 10 years off and on. Its been particularly bad with this hot weather. Nose stinging, a cold sore and I dont have a cold !! occassional sneeze. dry gritty eyes. fullness in ears, itchy ears..list goes on.. but despite all of that I had a good week and then lunchtime flat again..

montana
26-06-10, 21:58
drives me nuts too Zee - i dont know what to think anymore - when i get pain or symptons i dont know if its caused by physical stuff or by anxiety. i find the whold thing confusing and want it to stop now!!!!!

heather xx
27-06-10, 07:12
i had a great week no symptoms no nothing and was feeling good! On Friday at work i thought i was going to have a heart attack i felt sick abit dizzy and my chest was tightning! It easied off half hour later and as i was at work was able to get over it and carry on. Im glad i wasnt at home coz i know i would of gone crazy having said that nothing since so fingers crossed for a great week. When im good im good but when im bad i drive myself crazy!

skippy66
27-06-10, 10:20
i had a great week no symptoms no nothing and was feeling good! On Friday at work i thought i was going to have a heart attack i felt sick abit dizzy and my chest was tightning! It easied off half hour later and as i was at work was able to get over it and carry on. Im glad i wasnt at home coz i know i would of gone crazy having said that nothing since so fingers crossed for a great week. When im good im good but when im bad i drive myself crazy!

Write down these symptoms in a diary somewhere so next time u get them you can see that it will pass and you'll be ok.

Zee
27-06-10, 11:26
Diary is a great idea.My GP was really pleased 10 years ago that I could give daily symptoms to him as I had kept a diary, even wrote down what I had eaten, what weather was like besides any physical symptoms..

sjr1969
27-06-10, 21:42
could of written this post myself. Its very confusing, you are ok in yourself, not worried, not anxious and feel pretty good. Then out of the blue BANG and you feel like crap. why?!

sarah x

Ronny
27-06-10, 22:17
Howdy ,I to know how you feel.It's that bloody subconscious mind of ours,it can strike you at anytime of day and night.I can go for weeks feeling like my old self and then Bang,out of the blue I feel like shite.I have been printing off Bill's posts on here and read them daily,I am finding they are helping me,maybe you could have alook at them.Take Care
Rhonda x:flowers:

blueangel
27-06-10, 23:58
could of written this post myself. Its very confusing, you are ok in yourself, not worried, not anxious and feel pretty good. Then out of the blue BANG and you feel like crap. why?!

sarah x

Years ago I remember my GP labelling this as "free floating anxiety". I can go ages without it and then it reappears. It really it the biggest heap of crap.

blueangel
28-06-10, 00:00
Diary is a great idea.My GP was really pleased 10 years ago that I could give daily symptoms to him as I had kept a diary, even wrote down what I had eaten, what weather was like besides any physical symptoms..

I agree, diarising stuff is really useful for when you do have to report stuff to the doctor, and for me at times it's also served as a reminder for how nuts I am. :D