PDA

View Full Version : cant clear my throat

lorraine
27-06-10, 08:20
hi

does anybody get a feeling that they cant clear the phlem from their throat. Feel like it just sits there. as i a dozing off to sleep I wake up feeling i cant breath with this thick phlem feeling in the back of my throat that feels dry and sort of suffocates me.

Lorraine

mumble
27-06-10, 10:43
I get something like that.
It's quite distressing. I've had to start taking a bottle of water to bed and sip it every few hours - when I wake up.
Especially in this hot sticky weather, it's dreadful.

allergyphobia
27-06-10, 14:54
yep i get this too - i am on a steroid nasal spray for it, it is my third day but no improvement yet... it's horrible, i feel like someone is suffocating me x

PanchoGoz
27-06-10, 20:17
I've had throat mucus from a cold I had in May. Every morning its bad, and somtimes causes a tickly cough. Its got worse recently in the heat, so if I had the cold in the winter it would probably have cleared it up straight away. And the mucus could be a cooling mechanism as well. Or maybe you are a little hay feverish?

Fly away Katie
02-09-10, 16:41
I have had this for about 3 years now none stop.I HATE Phlem!!!
Its so scary.. it gets stuck, scares you, feels horrible wherever itdecides to rest itself..and then it wont go up..or down, and you worrie your choking.. and then you try and eat to push it away.. and food bits get stuck in it!" Chocolates the wost!! That clings to it. Gahhhh lol rant over x x x x x

josparks
02-09-10, 20:30
i get it to im on nasal spray also ive been told it will take up to 6 weeks to work though always the long rd but get there in the end