PDA

View Full Version : depression dating lol

micheal88
27-06-10, 19:09
why has no 1 done this lol... i no my relationship would be easier if my partner new what i was going through... obviously to really sick people arent really good i dont think together but maybe to sufferers can help eachother to recover.. because lets face its relationships suck when you suffer and you feel like your holding your partner back cheers alll lets start a dating thing for sufferes lol

georgina20
07-07-10, 21:12
hiya coudn't ave put it better my self georgina20

richo
07-07-10, 21:36
yes.i think it is a great idea.dating some1 that fully understands would be good.x :)

byronhinson
07-07-10, 21:50
I think its a good idea...then again I'm married damn it lol

YvonneBelle
07-07-10, 22:23
If two depressed people are lonely then they might be each other's cure :)

mike83
07-07-10, 22:30
There is https://www.nolongerlonely.com/
its worldwide for mental illnesses

suzannacorfu
07-07-10, 22:35
Sounds good until you imagine 2 people with Health Anxiety living together!!!!! Every sympton would be "contagious"!!!

YvonneBelle
07-07-10, 22:54
LOL yes, a negative + a negative makes... a negative!

Two worry-worts in a pod...

:D

georgina20
08-07-10, 13:34
CAN JUST IMAGINE ALL MEETING UP !LETS HOPE WE DOn'T ALL HAVE PANIC ATTACK AT THE SAME TIME !!!!!!!!! BE NICE THOU PUT A FACE TO THE NAMES !GEORRGINA20

CJA09
15-07-10, 22:33
Think this is a fab idea! Be so great to be totally understood and be able to understand and support your partner because you really know how they're feeling! :)

german bean
15-07-10, 22:37
dont mean to put the dampers on it folks been there got the tee shirt it dont work!!!! lol

jojojo
18-05-11, 12:08
hello i no what you are saying.i have been in a relationship for 5 years now.but i feel so lonely.my partner dose not no much about how i feel because i have tryed talking to him in the past.and he just said dont worry just get on with it,how nice would it be if it was that simple.that was at the beginning of the relationship.since then i have keep the way i feel to myself.but i dont feel like i can carry on like this.i want someone i can talk to about how i feel.

eight days a week
18-05-11, 21:04
I'd be willing to give that website in the Daily Mail article a try. I don't see two depressives/anxiety sufferers working out necessarily, but I think people with different sorts of problems would at least be sensitive and understanding to each other, which could be a great thing...(?)

Macchiavelli
18-05-11, 23:01
thats a great idea, maybe they could set up a section on this site for people who are interested?

notfeelingconfident
20-05-11, 19:29
Yeah I also think that would be a good idea if there was a dating section on this site, but then again we have the 'pen pals' section. I suppose people could mention something there.

The problem is, when it comes to dating on sites like this, is that I feel people are very suspicious and paranoid (partly because of the disorders/problems we have in the first place). If someone can hardly leave their own house to go shopping, how do they meet someone for a date? :)

xJust_Sarahx
21-05-11, 19:54
I agree also. brill idea and good point!

eight days a week
21-05-11, 21:17
Oh no, I don't think a 'dating' section on this site is a good idea at all!

Nomorepanic is based on friendly advice from people who understand, and nothing more as far as I can see. Introducing any sort of dating element would undermine this site completely I think.

As I already wrote, there are other sites for that (like the one listed in the Daily Mail article previously linked to). Let's keep this site platonic and simple, and doing what it does best, without any complications :)

kashameets
21-05-11, 21:58
Well i have agoraphobia...social phobia...ocd and possibility undiagnosed bipolar and my hubby has depression and undiagnosed borderline personality disorder so are illnesses fit quite well....i dont like being social and nor does he.....i dont like going out and nor does he.....he doesn't like being without me cos of the bpd and i cant go out without him cos of the agoraphobia but saying that we both support each other and encourage each other...like i have been going to meet ups with members of this forum (Hi pete :) ) which he has encouraged me to do even though he knows he will feel depressed without me being with him at home.....and i give him reassurance when i get home so that each time i go out without him in time hopefully it will be easier for him and i.... so being with someone who understands how you feel is very important :) i dont feel guilty for stopping him from going out and being social as he has no desire to do that anyway but if i was with a partner who did want to go out and meet people...go to the pub then i would feel like i was holding them back and i would imagine in time they would feel resentment towards me.......
Everyone is loony in this house including are 3 dogs so we all get on great :roflmao: