PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have these sypmtoms?

Wapiti
28-06-10, 01:21
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and i just wondered if anyone has had these symptoms as a secondary thing of anxiety. About 10 years ago i started getting a crawling/tingling sensation above and around my left eye and forehead. It was really annoying and i used to wear a baseball cap all the time even indoors because i couldn't stand the feeling. I can't remember what exactly happened, but after about 4 years, it seemed to subside,and i stopped wearing the cap. It felt liberating not having to wear it all the time.
Now, over recent times, i've noticed it come back, particularly when i've been stressed about something for about a week or so, and it usually went away after i removed the stress that was causing it. I didn't worry about it because i knew it would only last a day or even less. But it came back about 3 weeks ago and its been there everyday since.
It is Sooo annoying, its like tiny spiders crawling under the skin. It makes me shy away from talking to people, because this seems to make it worse.
The fact that i'm writing this post tells me that i may be getting obsessed with it again, i know thats not a good thing, but i just feel like i need some support with this. I've had GAD most of my life and i'm now 48.
Briefly, i've seen doctors, even a neurologist in the past, and they put it down to anxiety, and an "altered sense of awareness" of that area on my face. :shrug:
Sorry for the long post, but it could have been a lot longer, i really am fed up just now...
Thanx.

FatherTed
29-07-10, 23:56
Hi Wapiti. Not sure if its exactly the same thing but there have been times when I have been VERY stressed or VERY anxious that I get the sensation that my skin on my shins is alive and positively crawling with something under the surface. I used to call it the ant attack. Sometimes affected my scalp as well. It felt as if I was infested. The solution? I scratched myself raw. My shins were a terrible mess for weeks but it only happened at times of stress or worry. As soon as that passed the condition evaporated and the healing process took place. I can only think that it is a psycho somatic manifestation of ones current state of mind and that this is some form of outlet for it.

Going home
30-07-10, 00:56
I understand what you mean and I think its likely to be tiny nerve endings reating to extra stress. You've heard the expression "my nerves were in shreds" well people say it without really expecting to feel it, its just that we anxious people actually do feel it and this is what it feels like :D

Anna xx

DWCarenza
30-07-10, 07:57
Perhaps it's causing high or low blood pressure? Seems like a temporary circulatory issue. I used to get that same feeling in my thighs. (I think it was the same) Do you get this after exercise too?