PDA

View Full Version : When exercising............

xBettyBoopx
29-06-10, 03:24
Hi there

I have been doing a little exercise for a few months now as the pounds are piling up since giving up smoking....lol, but I have a funny question!!!

When I do exercise, I keep blowing off/passing wind/farting....whatever you call it lmao!! :blush:

Anyone else? If so, do you know why this is?! Glad I ain't in the gym:blush::roflmao::roflmao:

Els

StoneMonkey
29-06-10, 07:33
Hey there,
No technical answer but it could just be all the jiggling about helping to work it through.
I think there are wind relieving exercises in yoga (A sort of rocking motion on the back) but I hope its not done in class.
Glad you quit the smokes you could of had a small explosion. :)
Better out than in.
Simon.

Kelley
29-06-10, 13:11
Perhaps FMAO would have been more appropriate!! LOL
I'd say it's all the movement breaking up the pockets of wind that's trapped. If i ever have a windy tummy, i jump around and it sure helps! :roflmao:

Typer
29-06-10, 13:14
Out of interest, what exercises are you doing and are they working?

I stopped smoking in Dec 09 and the weight has piled on.

StoneMonkey
29-06-10, 16:25
I apologise to Elspeth and anyone who thought my reply was inappropriate.
Sorry Elspeth No offence was intended.
It is posted in a humourous way and like a bull in a china shop I replied.
Would Elspeth or anyone advise if it would be appropriate to remove it.
Humble Apologies
Simon.

bexy1970
29-06-10, 18:11
i thought was funny siram!! quite sure she will to x

YvonneBelle
29-06-10, 18:33
I was doing some low-impact aerobics once and accidentally let one rip. It was a short and sudden one that escaped totally unexpectedly and I was hoping nobody heard and that I had got away with it... but I saw someone look at me probably wondering if they had heard right. :blush: This has only ever happened once in over 20 years of doing various classes (including yoga) but I'm the world's worst at giggling if someone else farts. :roflmao:

I remember once a gym instructor was showing me how to do a proper sit up and when she said "and you pull your tummy in like this" she literally let one go right there and then. She was sooooo embarrassed but I couldn't help but laugh! I've never forgotten it and she probably hasn't either.

If nothing else it causes a laugh but I hate being in a class when someone keeps cutting silent but deadlies! Ewww, gross!! especially when you are taking deep breaths anyway.....

:ohmy:

xBettyBoopx
29-06-10, 19:38
Hey ev1

Thanks for all replies. I have been googling:ohmy:and apparently it's quite normal to fart when exercising:shrug::shrug::D:D

Simon - I must be thick because I don't know what's wrong with your post!

LMAO Yvonne:roflmao::roflmao:

Typer, well done for giving up, keep it up. I am only doing Rosemary Conley exercises, but that is enough for me as I haven't done any exercise at all for many decades!!!! I haven't lost any weight anyway:whistles::whistles: Tut....pfft....must stop eating choccy lol!!

Thanks again ev1.

Els

ps - phew it's hot here, think I'll give the exercises a miss for today:whistles::whistles::shades::shades:

StoneMonkey
29-06-10, 20:34
Hey,
I wasn't sure if I had made a mistake by replying to a FMAO.
I just saw Exercise and was in and liked elspeths delicatness on the subject:)

It can be quite difficult being a fella here.
If it says "ladies only please" I get It.
It has happened that I have replied to a non gender specific post. Only then to recieve no reply and the post being edited to gender specific and yes not mine. That left me with a very silly looking reply.
It got to the point that I was apologising to Mya for being a fella but she told me off for apologising in a very lovely way.

Still after all that in the name of reasearch for the truth I went out on a run today and I can confirm slight gaseous activity at the start of exercise with no other known gasses for the duration.

Hugs to all Fellas too. :)
Simon
Oh and Elspeth & Typer really good for you on stopping smoking. That is tough stuff beyond me at the moment.