PDA

View Full Version : just started

davelee
29-06-10, 13:17
have felt ok but just tried to go for a run today and i felt like i weighed 20 stone???

im quite slim and relatively fit.....

Antipodes
29-06-10, 13:34
Hi, I'm about 10 days behindyou. Done the half-tablet easing in and am on 30mg at night. So far I am sleeping reasonably well (have been taking Zopiclone for sleep last 5 years). I haven't noticed any undesirable side-effects (yet?) but I have gained 2kg body mass. This is despite me increasing activity and decreasing food. It was a surprise as I was aware this med can be a weight gainer for some. Looking for some mood-brightening and re-joining the human race with things like emotions ... fingers crossed.

davelee
29-06-10, 13:46
oh am taking 30mg at night for anxiety mainly

thanks.

bexy1970
29-06-10, 15:33
thats the horrid thing with zispin,great med but the weight gaIN awful!!! even with diet and exercise, im coming off them after 2 years for that reason xx

Deva
29-06-10, 17:04
I've just decided to come off mirt after 9mths on 45mgs. I have nothing but praise for this drug's ability to sort your head out. It lifted my mood and decreased my anxiety to a point where I could deal with it and I sleep like a log on it. It does make you gain weight and I've put on about a stone - it just makes you crave carbs. If you have will power (and I don't) then I think you could keep the weight gain under control.

I didn't have any feelings of lethargy or difficulty moving (I cycle to work - albeit I don't raise a sweat). I think that at first those feelings will be down to the sedative effect running over into the day. After a while this stops. I would recommend taking it around 8pm/9pm and staying awake as long as you can after that - get to bed and then you shouldn't feel too bad in the morning.

One word of warning don't just stop taking it especially the higher doses. I've just stopped rather abrutly on the advice of my GP and I had the most awful withdrawal symptons. My pharmacist spoke to the manufacturer who recommend tapering onto the lower doses for two weeks at a time and then stopping. If your GP recommends anything else please question it.

Best of luck.:yesyes:

Vixxy
29-06-10, 17:23
Hi there. My advice would be to take the pill fairly early in the evening so that the sedative effect wears off by morning. I take mine at 10pm and find I can wake at 8am and be up and about.
I had a bad night a few weeks ago and didnt take it until 11:30pm and damn I felt like crap the next day.

JT69
01-07-10, 07:32
Hi,

I take 30mg around 9pm and can be up and about o.k by 6.30 if I need to be....some days it can still cause a little drowsiness at first even after been on the meds for 5 months now. It varies I think from person to person and from time to time.

Jo.xx

davelee
01-07-10, 11:29
i just walked round to the cafe and i just feel in another world which is hard to understand as the first 2,3 days i felt better then i have in a long while....
is 30 to high of a starting dose i was thinking of taking 15mg for a few days????

bexy1970
01-07-10, 12:13
the usual starting dose is 15, ive not heard of starting on 30 mg before, try that for a week or 2 xx

JT69
01-07-10, 14:12
Hi Dave,

I felt like that at first even on 15mg for a while....wierd about your 1st 3 days....I wouldn't do anything without speaking to your GP first.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jo.xx

davelee
01-07-10, 14:15
i find my mood is ok its just this feeling of not being in controll of my body parts kinda thing.........if 15mg is more sedating does that mean just after its taken or including the next day??

thanks

david

JT69
01-07-10, 15:39
Hi David,

Sedation is usually just after you have taken it but it also can cause drowsiness into the next day...I think it differs from person to person.

Hope that helps.
Jo.xx

davelee
01-07-10, 19:04
yes its a big help, i was on citalopram and i do belive it made me so bad 2 months on it..... i had a huuuge panic attack earlier the sort i haven't had for years.

JT69
01-07-10, 20:56
Hi David,

I took citalopram on and off for around 9 years but the time before mirtazipine it didnt help so had to come off it. The things we go through...you will get there it just takes time and perseverence with the meds.

Sorry to hear you had a panic attack....hope you feel o.k now?? Not nice....I suffer more from anxiety but have had depression as well.

Take care
Jo.xx

davelee
01-07-10, 21:07
ye mine is mainly anxiety,but not being able to do what you want in life is due to cause depression, yes it was scary i really thought it was the end lol(its easy to laugh now ay)
i do fink im gna start taking 15mg as i was put straight on 30

Deva
01-07-10, 22:12
Hi davelee

My GP started me on 30mg last year and then I went up to 45mg. The year before that I was on 15mg but found that it had no real effect - I think it's considered a starting dose. I find that the side effects are no worse on the higher doses but for me the drug did not kick in until i was 45mg. Then I felt great and had almost no anxiety!

pmrob1
02-07-10, 08:50
Hi everyone thought i would add to this post. I am on 45mg mirtazapine at the moment. I have been on this dosage for 5 weeks and hopefully the effects are just starting to kick in for my depression and anxiety. The sleeping effect is brilliant and i always take it one hour before i go to bed, unless i am on a night shift when i wait till i come home in the morning. My diagnosis from a psychiatrist is major depression with high anxiety. The depression is lifting very slowly but my anxiety is still high which has been causing me to experience intrusive thoughts that are hugely upsetting and difficult to deal with. I think the mirt is helping but its a long and windey road. Good luck to everyone on this site hoping we all have a better dy tomorrow than we did today.:huh:

davelee
02-07-10, 12:20
also has any1 experience sensitivity to light while taking mirt??

thanks.