PDA

View Full Version : Beside Myself With Worry

SH2727
29-06-10, 21:44
I am so worried and stressed out right now.

I have had swollen lymph nodes under my chin for about 4 weeks now. I had a stinking cold over half term and that turned into a sinus infection. I saw my GP and she gave me antibiotics and said the lymph node swelling was because of the infections.

I have been on the antibiotics for 4 days now and whilst the sinus infection is clearing, my lymph nodes feel the same. I am completely freaked out today as I have noticed a swelling just above my collarbone.

I consulted Dr Google and it kept coming up as a supra-clavicular lymph node, which is very serious if it swells and could be secondary cancer. I have felt so rubbish over the past few weeks and I am now absolutely freaked out and could throw up I am so worried.

Does anyone know if this gland can swell due to an infection, i.e sinusitis?

Thank you so much for reading.

Vixxy
29-06-10, 21:50
The glands closest to an infection will swell up. I dont think there are any on the face, so the ones in your neck will be the ones that swell up. Youve only been on the pills for 4 days, so you'll still have an infection and your body is still trying to fight it. The nodes will probably stay up for a while as your body makes sure that the infection is gone.

SH2727
29-06-10, 21:57
Thanks Vixxy, I am so worried. The ones under my chin are huge and now this swelling on my collarbone is really scary. I have read that this one swells particularly when breast cancer is present. I am freaking out! Cancer is my biggest fear.

Going home
29-06-10, 23:31
Its precisely because you have a fear of cancer that you're transferring the fear to the nodes. Please try to be reassured that the swollen nodes are because infection is still present and nothing more sinister. If they weren't swollen before the cold then it is a result of it yes?

Anna xxx

blueangel
30-06-10, 14:14
Hi there

It sounds to me as though this is linked with the sinus infection as well. They can be quite difficult to get rid of and it will probably take until you've finished off all the antibiotics before it they really start to subside.

Some people also seem to be more prone to getting them than other people. My partner gets them, and at the end of last year he managed to catch swine flu and the glands in his neck were MASSIVE. I've never seen so many come up at once and it gave me quite a fright, but they went down again after about 10 days.