PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Emily

emsimes
29-06-10, 22:11
Hi guys,
So I think I'm suffering from panic attacks.
I have been having a lot of sinus problems throughout the past 2 months. I've also been having bad ear aches and I've been feeling dizzy. I was told by me GP that I have allergies or an inner ear infection. When I went to the ENT, he dismissed the inner ear infection, and he said it's allergies or a virus.
When I try to sleep at night, I feel my whole body pulsing, and I feel like my body is rocking gently back and forth.
I've never been so scared and depressed in my entire life. I feel like I'm never going to get better, and I have no energy anymore. All I do is go to work and I sleep.
It's the summer after my senior year of high school and I can't even enjoy it!
I have always been healthy and am hardly ever sick. I am a 19 year old white female btw.
I'm so glad I have people that I can talk to, because my family and boyfriend keep telling me that it just needs to go away on it's own.
Please help with any sugguestions you have!
Thanks, Emily =)

nomorepanic
29-06-10, 22:13
Hi emsimes

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

izzywizzy
29-06-10, 22:35
Hey Emily,

Welcome! I am a fellow newbie. My panic attacks started about four weeks ago and the doctor thought it was a virus/migraine at first as I had stiff neck, all over body shivering and painful/ringing ears at night. I now recognise all these as panic attack symptoms. I've since gone on to develop more symptoms and hoping to get over this eventually. Hope you get the help you need.

Take care
izzywizzy

emsimes
29-06-10, 22:42
Thanks izzywizzy!
I will have to see what I can do about that

izzywizzy
29-06-10, 22:49
Hi Emily,

Hope you get things sorted. It's obviously important for you to get these things checked out by your doctor. Have you mentioned that you feel these symptoms may be anxiety related at all?
x