PDA

View Full Version : THE TEST

Laurie28
23-02-04, 14:11
I watched a really interesting programme on Saturday during the day about a aldy who had an immense fear of flying.

basically she had a CBT therapist with her all the way and he fuond out she had a real fear of heights and started to take her up a building. the poor woman had a panic(not quite a blown attack) on the 2nd (or 3rd) floor and my heart really went out to her.

Anyway she went on a flight simulator and spoke to a pilot and eventually she flew to paris!!!

I was sooo chuffed for her and was nearly in tears as it was a true inspiratiion about tackling phobia/anxiety. I know we can't get our therapists to come everywhere with us but this was one brave lady who tackled her fear head on!!!

Anyway it was on Saturday about 1pm(ish) (klost track of time as i was lounging about nursing another nasty 'man' cold!!

Something similiar may be on next week - if so it is def. worth watching

Love
Lucky

Meg
23-02-04, 18:05
Things like this are so important .

As we know- esp Nic- that hours of unused footage will be left somewhere in a post production house.They show wwhat makes good TV - excellent to see this success story.

I still remember that poor Yorshire lass with agoraphobia whom they unnecessarily showed bumping her car whist on a -face your fear- drive and she wasn't any better at the end !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
24-02-04, 08:59
For your info - It is on channel 3 2.35pm on Saturday - Dog Phobia this time!!

Lucky

nomorepanic
24-02-04, 21:17
quote:Originally posted by Radar

As we know- esp Nic- that hours of unused footage will be left somewhere in a post production house.They show wwhat makes good TV - excellent to see this success story

meg

The out-takes were so funny - the sort of thing you see on one of those "tv blunder" programmes. Me doing the same thing over and over and then just swearing. I have 8 tapes with about 2 hours on each to watch. Next time you are over - lol.

Only kidding!;)

Nicola