PDA

View Full Version : Having a nightmare with this - Anyone...?

Starscream
30-06-10, 11:31
I am not going to Google this. At all.

I have a tiny tiny small lump behind my ear. I have never had it before, ever.

My throat is fine and not sure but the left side of my throat there seems to be pretty sore muscles. It's been horrendous today and was the same yesterday. Right side of the throat is fine. I can't seem to feel any swelling or anything.

I can't get a doctors appointment at all for tomorrow or Friday.

Has anyone had this ?

It's like my ear is now slightly sore too and the whole left side of my face is in agony

zippy
30-06-10, 11:39
Is it a lymph node? If it is i am having the same thing its right behind my left ear behind the lobe, i keep getting pains in my head and the doctor gave me antibiotics and said to go back in a week or so if it doesnt go down. I am worried as its been there for a few months and i havent got an infection so wondering why its not going.

flumpkin
30-06-10, 12:16
Hi just posted using phone but don't think it worked....

Yes I have a small pea sized lump behind my right ear. I have had it for 2 years and it is still there now ... And so am I :-)

I freaked like you when I found it - dr said it is slightly raised lymph node and had prob been there years. It may always be there. He even got me to feel one that he has. He found it when at med school and also freaked lol. That must have been about 25 years ago!!! So I honestly think you will be fine. Obviously go and see dr to put your mind at rest but I am sure it will be same as mine.

Hope this helps xxx

blueangel
30-06-10, 14:04
Hiya

I'm not a doctor or a nurse, but it sounds to me as though you have a throat or an ear infection - they can be really painful, and would cause your lymph nodes to swell.