PDA

View Full Version : bad anxiety

cobra427
15-02-06, 18:54
Hi - I am new to this site but really need to know if anyone else is feeling like I do. I had my second baby back in October and was fine for about 6 weeks. My father in law died while I was pregnant and a friend died just after my son was born, both of cancer. I gradually became more and more worried about my health and was convinced I had cancer. I eventually went to the docs and was put on anti-depressants - I am sure i had side effects from those and that made my anxiety worse. I have improved but feel the whole time that there is something wrong with me - I just don't feel right. My head feels funny - really muzzy headed and I feel like I'm going to keel over. My blood tests were all normal as were a chest xray and a scan. My mind is just occupied the whole time with how I don't feel right. I keep having odd heartbeats and a tingling over my head only during the night. I keep telling myself its just anxiety and stress relating to whats happened but I just don't know anymore.
Anyone else feel like this?
Michelle

gonecrazy
15-02-06, 19:29
Hi Cobra,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Having a baby is a happy but draining time as you are proabably sleep deprived lol and we all know how your body changes and hormones etc...
What your feeling is alot what I feel at times (physically) and it certainly doesn't help that you have lost two people close to you of cancer and now you are well acquainted with the disease. I don't have a "cure" for you, but you might feel better to know that you are not alone!
Try to relax and make time for you as that will help!
Take care!

nomorepanic
15-02-06, 19:57
Hi Michelle

Welcome aboard the forum.

Try these to start off with ...

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Nicola

jackie
15-02-06, 20:46
yes michelle, you are not alone. havin a baby is so tiring it does all sorts of weird things to your body, that and lack of sleep, not gettin the right food and havin the responsibility of a wee one all take their tole.

i have had 4 kids in the last 4 years so i no this first hand, i feel constantly like i an havin a heart attack yet i sooo want to live normally for the sake of me and the kids. its so draining always looking inwards like this but you are not alone. pm me anytime, but this site is great u will get loads of great help from everyone

take care. jackie

Tomimo
15-02-06, 21:45
Wow - it sounds like things have been manic in your life so it's no wonder that you would feel anxious. I'm sorry that you've suffered loss.

All of your symptoms sound very familiar and I am sure many members will tell you that.

You've not long had a baby - don't be too hard on yourself and don't expect miracles....it will get better but it does take time and acceptance.

Welcome to the forum - you will find lots of help and support on here so don't be afraid to shout!

Annie x