PDA

View Full Version : Weird dizzy feeling when out walking today...

Ella_Jayne
30-06-10, 18:05
I've started back at the gym last week and it's going quite well, I'm getting used to my heart beating fast during exercise and feel that it's helping me with my anxiety.

I was out walking today and popped into a shop for a minute, my breathing went a bit weird, I felt short of breath but I wasn't gasping. It was weird. I put it down to anxiety and kept on with my walk.

A few mins later I felt faint, lightheaded and felt like everything around me wasn't real. It lasted a few mins then gradually wore off but it really scared me. I now keep thinking I have a heart problem. I've had many ECG's an Echo, a holter, bloods and everything has been fine. Could I still have a heart condition despite these tests? I don't know what to do, I feel so scared. :weep:

Anxious_gal
30-06-10, 18:25
I think it is just random dizziness, maybe you were breathing too fast, then when start to panic or get anxious, things seem dream like, i find that when it happens to me my own voice sounds strange and far away.
honestly it is anxiety relaxed.
I'm sure your heart is fine after all those tests. :-)

Ella_Jayne
30-06-10, 22:20
Thanks for the reply Mishel :)

I've been so worried about my heart over the past 10 months, and just as I thought that I was getting on quite well BANG another thing sets me off. I don't know what to do to convince myself that my heart is OK.

I don't wan to go to the docs for a chat 'cause he always says the same things over and over again. Most of the time I don't feel like he takes me seiously. Because I'm only 21 I feel my GP (and hospital staff) dismiss anything to do with the heart which is wrong. I had to practically beg for the tests that I have had.

I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I don't want to go docs but I don't want to 'tempt fate' I suppose, and not go... Ahhh! I hate this anxiety thing!!! I've freaked myself out so much by looking online and seeing all these heart problems that have killed young, fit people, I keep thinking that It will happen to me too... Enough of my rant. Sorry. :blush: