PDA

View Full Version : Can you see a blood clot move?

sulphur
01-07-10, 00:36
Earlier today I tensed my left arm and noticed something bulge through my muscle, at first I thought it was some lump on my muscle and went to prod it and couldn't feel anything, it happened that quickly that I'm not sure if I imagined it or what (pretty sure I didn't), or whether it was some muscle twitch or something, then there was nothing there. My question is, is it actually possible to see a blood clot move through your veins, and if so and it could well have been...would I have experienced the potentially drastic consequences by now? I don't seem to have the classic symptoms of a blood clot on my arm, other than the blotchy redness that appears on both my arms due to my circulation and anxiety (and as you can imagine I'm now quite anxious!), and I do get random muscle spasms throughout my body and sometimes tingling in hands and feet, but had a blood test and ECG over a week ago and both came back normal, as for now the doctors have put everything down to anxiety, time will tell. Thanks!

Going home
01-07-10, 01:00
What made you automatically think of a blood clot...do you have a particular fear of them? I would also say that you wouldn't necessarily see a blood clot, rather you would feel it as in your arm would swell up and be quite painful. You have also said that you do get muscle spasms so i'm inclined to think more along these lines. If you have a fear of clots though, then you will be imagining them everywhere!

Anna xx

sulphur
01-07-10, 01:10
Thanks for the feedback :) I don't have a particular fear of them, to be honest I hadn't really considered blood clots until it happened. The reason I thought blood clot was because it seemed like some wriggling lump that went through my arm, from what I've read since this doesn't seem like a blood clot but I couldn't think what else this could be. Then I heard about how they can break off and travel through the bloodstream, to be honest I thought this may have been what happened but there was no pain, only a tenderness from me getting panicky and constantly prodding my bicep, trying to find this thing! Maybe my muscle just did some strange muscle contraction or something, not sure!