PDA

View Full Version : having a crisis! vertigo!

Annabelle
01-07-10, 11:14
hi all

ok so i went to work this morning and i was ok - a bit hot and id done really well all week not to run away when i feel dizzy but when i sat down to do the paperwork the whole room started to spin and i had to hold on to the wall to get myself out into the warehouse where no one would see me - needless to say im freaking out! i made some excuse that i needed to come home to get some migraine meds thinking taking a time out would make it better if its anxiety but im still spinning sitting on the sofa (i get migraine associated vertigo). My boss is understanding about my condition, but i came home early last week one day - although i didnt feel as bad as this, and i really cant face going back to work today but the regional manager is due in and we are all supposed to be there! oh god i dont know what to do !!
help!!!!

:weep::wacko::huh:

Annabelle
01-07-10, 11:26
please? anyone?!!!

Annabelle
01-07-10, 11:45
iv got 10 mins until i have to leave to get back to work - oh god im so scared!

JaneC
01-07-10, 12:24
Hi Annabelle, don't really know how to help but didn't want you to think no-one's listening :hugs: Do you have migraine medication and have you taken it? Have you tried deep breathing to calm yourself down? If you aren't well enough to go be at work, well you just aren't. Hope you feel better and that your boss continues to be understanding x

loveletter
01-07-10, 13:36
I am so very very sorry for you. I so wish I could help in some way.
Have had this for so long not had it for a few months now thank God.

I think this is one of the most frightening things a person can ever go through.

Like you the room has spun on me. Like some one is picking up the house and turning it around or like just got off a fairground ride and the spinning goes on and on.
Like you I have migraine with vertigo the hospital told me it was velvor migraine some years back I may not have spelt this word right.

Wish there was something I could do feel so helpless cause I know how bad this is and have had my life torn to bits over this.

I think you are very very brave to be out at work well done.
We are such strong people to cope with such a thing as this people who have never had it will never understand just how strong people with anxiety are

Annabelle
01-07-10, 14:35
Thank you guys for replying - it means a lot to know your not alone even if no-one has any answers as such! Well i did it - i went back to work, and I served customers and took phone calls and labelled displays and was normal - even if i felt really scared and had to take myself outside a couple of times to get some fresh air - its like a greenhouse in the showroom! so phew! i did it!

jane - i take preventative meds - needless to say they aren't very successful when triggers such as heat and tiredness are a factor at the moment.

loveletter - im so sorry that you have dizzy problems to - i often think if i werent dizzy or scared of getting dizzy, id have my anxiety licked into shape by now! doctors seem to be baffled when you tell them your dizzy - it seems such a non important symptom but it can rule your life and i dont think taken seriously enough my many doctors.

again thankyou for your replies - i have an appointment with my supoort worker at 3 who is supposed to be taking me out for a drive for some exposure therapy - could do without so many challenges in one day!!
xxxx

JaneC
01-07-10, 14:58
Annabelle you did really, really well to get back to work and get through it. I've also had vertigo (labyrithitis the doc thought) and I know how disabling and frightening it is. Good luck with the rest of your day and hope you can get some rest at some point x

loveletter
01-07-10, 17:36
I think you are a really brave person to have stayed at work. Well done think I would have called for someone to take me home

codykian
02-07-10, 12:54
i know where you are coming from with the doctors, mine was the same ,useless, well done for returning to work, i have had 4 days sick , dont know if i will be able to go bk after holiday

ann01
02-07-10, 19:16
Well done for going back to work Annabelle, I suffer with this problem too, it's so hard to stay at work when I get it, sometimes I manage to stay other times when it's really bad I have to go home, it's scares me so much, the vertigo is scary, I'm lightheaded and off balance most days but the vertigo comes on so quickly in spells. Well done again.
Ann