PDA

View Full Version : deperonalization/derealisation?? or am i loosing it ?!?!!

becks xxx
01-07-10, 13:09
Hi guys.. just quickly ive been suffering with anxiety for years. I was experiencing panic attacks for a good few months but thankfully haven't had 1 in over 2months. I've had this feeling on and off for ages where i don't feel myself atal .. it just keeps coming back and i don't know what to do. I don't feel like myself, i feel detached from myself..and the world just doesn't feel real? my counsellor and i have agreed for me to try medication to take the edge off my symptoms..so i can start getting on with my life again as walking to the shop is even a big problem for me at the moment. Will medication make this 'not feeling real' symptom worse? And is it just anxiety????? i spent all last week thinking i must be schizophrenic. pls sum1 reply!!

loveletter
01-07-10, 13:29
Hi love your not schizophrenic.
I have had this on and off for over 20 years.
Got it quite bad at the moment.
Got to walk to the gp soon with a mate and I am dreading it.
I do not like this detached feeling and sometimes when I walk I feel like not really walking things not right it is so hard to explain.

Had it for all these years and I am still here not gone in hospital gone mad so please try not to worry too much but I know how hard it is. xxx

becks xxx
01-07-10, 14:28
Thanks for writing back!! it's nice to know im not alone with this. Have u also ever felt like this: lastnight i had this depersonalization/derealisation 2 and i cudent sleep..and although i new it was night time, the time just didn't feel right? I can't really explain, but maybe u no wat i kind of mean?
Good luck with walking to the gp.. you'll be fine! i might go for a walk soon..i tryed going to the shop last week, but had to turn back ha! got half way and was shaking n allsorts! x

loveletter
01-07-10, 17:41
Hi was you alone when you tried going to the shop or with some one.
Not had the time thing you say about but a lot of not feeling me and am I really here sort of thing which is hard to put into words.

Went to gp walked with a mate I am quite ill at the moment with the menopause and migraine but was really surprised that never felt bad once and even crossed a busy road and I have big problems with roads.

becks xxx
01-07-10, 18:36
Was alone, i think i've cut myself out of things for so long, just leaving the house now brings me to panic- where my heart will race, ill breathe reallyyy fast, shake, go dizzy and what not
oh well done! proved to yourself u can beat this thing!

loveletter
01-07-10, 23:31
I can not leave the house at all on my own would not get out the street and I live in a street with only 5 houses lol.
Like you I too have heart race, breath fast shake but the dizzy stuff is the worse.
If some one could take the dizziness away would go out alone but until the dizzy stuff goes I just can not do it.

becks xxx
02-07-10, 14:31
Ah really? must be difficult for you. yeah the dizziness is horrid
thats when the thoughts come thinking your goin to faint and embarass yourself! how awful..
this depersonalization thing has never stayed with me this long! i've been weeks without it then all of a sudden it comes back .. but this time it's been here for about 2 weeks!!!!! is that normal?!

Jabz
03-07-10, 17:18
the only reason it stays with you is because you give it attention. forget its there and it'll forget you.