PDA

View Full Version : Am i having seizures??

Lou 1
01-07-10, 16:23
For the past 5 months i've been havng strange things happen to me in sleep.
It happens on a morning after my partner has gone to work so there is noone there to witness it.
I will be lying in bed drifting to sleep, when all of a sudden i feel like im being pulled into my bed, then i get a loud buzzing in my ears and my body starts to intensley vibrate, sometimes it pulses/throbs!
I am fully aware of what happens but i cannot move, sometimes i dont get the vibrations, but i lay there and cannot move.
when this happens i hear voices and sometimes see things that arent there.
I know i am awake because i can hear things like my tv in my bedroom and cars outside.
I saw a neurologist 2 months ago and he said it was sleep paralysis.
The thing it i've spoken to other doctors about this (online) and they say they dont know if it is sleep paralysis and i should have an eeg.
My neurologist sent me for one last friday (at my request) and now im waiting for the results.
I cant stop worrying, i feel so sick - can anyone offer some advice??

NeverRelaxed
01-07-10, 17:43
I have chronic sleep disturbances. Ive experienced similar things to what you describe here. bizzare hallucinations, noises, voices...violent twitches and spasms also. my doctor thinks it is part of the chronic fatigue syndrome. I also have a lot of bizzare thoughts and can become quite disorientated as Im drifting off!

Im sure the EEG will come back normal, I wouldnt worry too much..If you were having seizures I dont think you would be so aware of what was happening furing these episodes...The brain does a lot of things as we are drifting off to sleep....Technically, you could be having myclonic seizures..BUT EVERYBODY HAS THESE and they arent considered abnormal.

janni
01-07-10, 18:07
sounds like sleep paralysis someone on here told me about hypnogogic states in a similar chat discussion, its not harmful xxx

Anxious_gal
01-07-10, 18:44
it is totally normal, I often get them, when you sleep you body is paralyzed to keep you safe and to stop you from sleep walking and acting out your dream.
some times your mind wakes up before your body and this is where you notice you can't move, you may feel pressure on you chest, your whole body buzzes,
i believe when the hallucinations start, its because part of your pain is still in sleep mood.
its very common to hallucinate before falling asleep and upon waking.
i have often heard my name, or hear people talking to me, I have had some morning visual hallucinations which scared me and i even called the local doctor who assured me it was normal!

PanchoGoz
01-07-10, 18:56
Same, I am gald I found this. I have had this once, where I found I couldn't move for twenty seconds, and when I tried, the part I tried to move would fizz and a vibrating noise in my ear would become very loud. Horrible! I often have audio hallucinations in bed, like name being called and visual like scary faces. I also have "components fo chronic fatigue".

PanchoGoz
02-07-10, 17:18
*glad...not gald, soz.