PDA

View Full Version : help needed- feeling really ill

louise29
01-07-10, 16:57
i have been taking fluoxetine for almost 2 weeks and was feeling great at the beginning of the week but today i took an anti histamine and i feel really ill. im convinced its reacted with the fluoxetine and ive been having a constant panic attack since 1 o clock. im really scared and worried that its not a panic attack and that i should call the doctor as maybe its the tablets recting with each other. im waiting for my husband to come home so i can go to bed but then im scared i dont wake up, but i suppose it would be a sweet release from this hell that im feeling!

JaneC
01-07-10, 17:09
Hi Louise, what kind of antihistamine was it? I wouldn;t think one pill would do any real harm whatever it was. Give your doc or a pharmacy a quick ring, I'm sure they'll be able to set your mind at rest x

louise29
01-07-10, 17:34
it was a one a day benydryl, cetrizine is the active ingredient. ive tried lookin on internet but cant find what im looking for :(

JaneC
01-07-10, 17:54
Ok, my husband was prescribed this just this week and he takes citalopram. As that's another SSRI I'm sure that's another sign that you shouldn't have anything to worry about but the best thing is to pick up the phone, or get someone to do it for you x

louise29
01-07-10, 18:05
ive calmed down a bit now husband is home think im just having a bad panic attack, theyve gotten worse since takin the meds so think its time i switched to yet another one or try a different way of doing it. at least when i had oanic attacks before i was on them i knew it was myself causing them and not some medication. thanks for replying, at least i know it wasnt a bad reaction :)