PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawing from fluoxetine

Allie
16-02-06, 00:59
I'm withdrawing from fluoxetine (prozac) at the moment and am feeling really ill. I feel dizzy/faint/ hahve a lack of appetite, mood swings keep going into hot cold sweats and just to make matters even worse my anxiety has shot through the roof.

Does this sound normal and if so how long can I expect to feel like this? I took my last dose 48 hours ago.

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

andrew
16-02-06, 12:21
hi allie,

i dont know how long this will last or what withdrawal synptoms you are likely to expect. but good luck, wishing you some support .. take care andrew

Piglet
16-02-06, 12:38
Allie when I withdrew I did it slowly - how has the doctor suggested you do it??

I think some of why you are feeling like this is becuase deep down it feels like a big step.

You can do it mate.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

darkangel
16-02-06, 19:11
Hi Allie

When I came off this med I came off gradually like Piglet said. Speak to your doctor if you are not doing this it may help.

Also when I am coming down off meds I tend to get myself more anxious waiting on something different to happen and if I get a symptom then I start to say its because of the reduction in meds then it goes into a panic circle. Do you think you may be focussing on your body sensations more?

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Tomimo
17-02-06, 23:16
When I have been on meds in the past and I ws coming off I tended to feel more symptoms of anxiety but I think it was because I expected to and was worried about how I would feel without them.

My doc recommended coming off them VERY slowly. Like dropping one every 3 days for the first few weeks and then droping to every other day for a few weeks and then taking one tablet every 3 days for a few week, etc until eventually I wasn't taking them at all. It does take a long time but should minimise effects.

Annie x

Alexandra
23-02-06, 17:16
Unfortunantly with this medication. I had to be taken off it pretty fast as i too started getting the shakes badly & felt completely zombiefied.

Best thing to do is contact your doctor as soon as possible.

Take Care

Alexandra