PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm Amanda :) In need of help.

Amandurz
01-07-10, 20:27
Hello :) I found this website today when googling some symptoms I've been having, I had a little look around, and it looks extremely helpful so I thought perhaps you lot could help me out.

I'm 20 years old, and have been suffering from depression since the age of 14. I quit therapy and came off my medication about one year ago as I decided to start college.

However, new symptoms have been developing since. My college year was stunted due to my social anxieties, on being asked to read out loud, give presentations, answer questions my heart rate would go up so high that it would cause my whole body and voice to shake, I found myself going to great lengths to avoid these situations.

And over the past 3 months, I have been experiencing what I think are panic attacks during arguments with loved ones.

If anyone can offer me any advice, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks!

nomorepanic
01-07-10, 20:30
Hi Amandurz

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Amandurz
01-07-10, 20:37
Thank you! Seems like a really friendly environment :)

margaret jones
01-07-10, 20:37
Hi Amanda welcome to this great site nmp you will find lots of help and advice also make lots of friends. I joined last yr and have had so much support that i would recommend it to anyone

Take Care Maggiexx

Amandurz
01-07-10, 20:38
Thanks Maggie :) Nice to meet you!

margaret jones
01-07-10, 20:42
Hope we will meet in chat ?? lol Maggie

Amandurz
01-07-10, 20:47
Haha, hopefully. Once I've been a member for 5 days, that is! Lol.

martin1976
01-07-10, 21:10
Hi Amanda, welcome to NMP, I'm sure you'll find plenty of help on this site. It is a good place to talk to like minded people when things get tough..
Hope you feel better soon.
Martin

Amandurz
01-07-10, 21:16
Hello Martin, thanks for the welcome :) Yeah, I think you're right!

giggles
01-07-10, 23:33
welcome