PDA

View Full Version : Possible cystitus - urine sample...

eleanor_rigby
02-07-10, 14:40
I got some kind or urine infection last Wednesday. It progressively got worse - not burning, but a feeling of constantly needing the toilet and a weird uncomfortable feeling when I finished peeing. I went to the doctors, did a urine sample and went on a course of antibiotics - 1 2 times a day for 3 days. It cleared it up kind of, but then about a day or 2 after I finished the antibiotics it came back. Now it's really bad again so i went back to the doctors and got another course of different antibiotics which I am about to start taking. Then I got a text today to call the doctors test results line. So i call and they tell me they haven't been told my results but instead have been told to tell me that I need to book an appointment with my doctor to discuss them. Now I am MAJOR freaking out! What the hell is this? Why do I need to book an appointment and see the docs? ahhhh!!!!!

(Side note - I have been tested negative for STIs)

Vixxy
02-07-10, 16:46
It might just be that you need a longer course of antibiotics so they need to see you again. Some of the bacteria is unresponsive to certain antibiotics, so it could also be that.
If i were you I would ring up and ask to speak to the doctor or nurse about why they need to see you.