PDA

View Full Version : Back worrying about lymphoma again :(

John_Daryl
03-07-10, 01:11
Hey, well, I have been to see a heamotologist recently, who took a look at all of my lymph nodes, and in his opinion all seemed fine. He has sent me for "special" blood tests to rule out the lymphoma, as he feels its unecassary to do a biopsy when im showing no other symptoms.

However, I recently read that when more lymph nodes appear over time, it's linked to lymphoma, and Iv had all of mine appear over the space of 5 years.

Iv not lost any weight (Iv actually put 10 pounds on recently).
But iv started having muscle twitches and been hiccuping for the past two weeks.
God my life feels such a mess at the moment just as I thought I was getting back on my feet.

The doctor only told me to come back in 4 weeks time for another appointment so it doesn't seem that he is worried atall, but its different when your the one in the "waiting position" :weep:

randomworry
03-07-10, 16:28
excellent news from the haemotologist you dont have lymphoma so now you can work on your therapy for anxiety.

all the best daryl

John_Daryl
05-07-10, 18:51
bump :\

randomworry
05-07-10, 20:18
daryl please try and relax and focus on the positives (i.e u now know for sure you dont have lyphoma) honestly that is the best thing you can do i wish i had taken that advice early because hypochondria gets worse if you dont!

mandie
06-07-10, 01:15
if u have seen the haemotologist and yr blood tests are fine then you dont need to worry you have lymphoma.

my dad is battling lymphoma at present and if the dr has done the blood tests and its normal then please you have to stop worrying over this.

if a dr suspectd lymphoma then he would of arranged other tests for you to have.

mandie x

John_Daryl
09-07-10, 01:07
I cant help it though, i go back in 10 days to see the results of the "lymhoma specific" blood test, but im scared, he doesnt seem worried atall

mandie
09-07-10, 20:22
If they suspect its lymphoma then you wouldnt be made to wait 10 days for the results! My dad had his results back in 24 hours!

John_Daryl
10-07-10, 14:37
I suppose they would of rang me if their was something wrong with the tests im waiting for :|

randomworry
10-07-10, 20:54
yeah they would have daryl hope your worries and fading away now