PDA

View Full Version : Tonight has been pretty awful :(

Katieeeee
03-07-10, 03:13
Hi guys, I've not posted here before but I think it's time I became a bit more regular here.

Tonight has been really tough for me. After finally getting my 8 month old son to sleep, who's currently going through tremendous teething troubles, I began getting a dull throbbing ache in the back of my leg that went on and off for about an hour. And typically, I convinced myself that I have a DVT.

I tried to go to bed, but instead I ay there in tears begging God not to let me die whilst my leg carried on with the stupid dull achey throb.

Half an hour later I figured I'd never get any sleep so I got up and decided to call NHS Direct to ask for advice and possibly reassurance. I described my symptoms to someone and a nurse called me back half an hour later. After assessing me, she said that she didn't feel I was showing the symptoms of a blood clot but she was going to call the out of hours doctor and get him to call me and speak to me about it.

So naturally that sent me panicking even more and I've been sat here for the past hour and a bit totally crapping myself. I'm desperate for the doctor to call me back and reassure me that I'm ok so I can relax and stop thinking irrational thoughts.

In the meantime whilst I've been waiting, the pain seems to have vanished. I started to think maybe it was something muscular because my calf muscle kept involuntarily clenching and spasming.

I'm desperate to get to bed because it's the complete lack of sleep I've had over the past week that's caused my illness anxiety to get so out of control. I HATE living like this, it's like a prison sentence :(

Anyway, thanks for listening.

heather xx
03-07-10, 07:08
What type of birth did you have? After my first my leg hurt for a week or so when my baby was 9 months. I had a c section and told it was down to the surgery.
Hope your feeling better today and the doctor put your mind at ease :)

PokerFace
03-07-10, 07:38
Hey!

I had/have problems with my legs aching/spasming and jus being generally ouchie! My posture is awful and my anx causes me to tense up, yes even my legs! DVT (I've been told) the pain would be excrutiating and wouldn't let up. You could go to your GP for reassurance that it isn't DVT as obviously I'm not a doctor, just sharing my experience. I hope you feel better today xxxxxxx