PDA

View Full Version : Major plip and opted for meds

lilly-lou
03-07-10, 14:10
After suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and depression for years resulting in agoraphobia which left me housebound for 18 months 6yrs ago I've been plodding on using no meds. I've had a major blip, anxious and unable to get my son to school I took the decision to go the docs for the first time in over 7yrs and ask for meds.

I saw a lovely lady doc who realised that I'm pretty bad ATM and gave me citailpram and some diazepam as an sos while the meds kick in. I'm feeling pretty much like a failure and crying all the time and was too scared to take the ani-dispressant last night but did manage a diazepam and didn't freak out too much when I took it. I'm so scared to become housebound again and I'm still going out but need somebody with me. I hate feeling this way and just want to feel better, I just can't feel like this for the rest of my life which is the reason I've opted for meds now, trying it by myself has meant I've suffered and lead a limited life for almost 8yrs.

I'm going to be brave tonight and start the meds as I have a massive fear of them so wish me luck

Vixxy
03-07-10, 14:47
Hi lilly. May I suggest you cut the pill in half and start on a smaller dose. This helps me to overcome my fear of taking new meds.
Youre not a failure. Youre very strong for having battled through this for so long.Good luck tonight, you can do it :)

lilly-lou
03-07-10, 14:58
Thanks Vixxy, I am considering only taking a quarter of a tablet for the first few nights, I know this sounds stupid but I wont panic as much then and I have the diazepam which I will take as well tonight. I feel such a nelly as most things freak me out but nothing as much as taking meds

supersezza
03-07-10, 19:02
i find med taking hard too, i started citalopram 2 weeks ok though and i've been ok!

you sound very strong so i'm sure you'll get better soon...just do as much as you feel u can, small steps!

margaret jones
03-07-10, 19:05
Hi Lilly Good for you for going to Dr and nipping this problem in the bud ,Good luck with your meds i am just the same have had hayfever for last few days really bad have tabs in handbag still not managed to take 1 may try a half tab tomorrow :weep:
Take Care Maggie

suzannacorfu
03-07-10, 20:26
You are derfinitely NOT a failure lilly-lou!!! I am just the same as you! I am going to start Citalopram again after being off them for 6 months after a major blip. I KNOW how you feel. Please don't be frightened of the Citalopram! It really will help you. My doctor started me on 5mg for 4 days, 10mg for 4 days, 15mg for 4 days then onto 20mg after that and I had NO side effects at all. I too am terrified of taking meds and this really helped me!
Suz

lilly-lou
06-07-10, 10:06
Thanks all for the replies, feeling pretty low and very ill ATM but have started the meds, just taking 5mg citalipram for the last 3 days. I'm feeling so sick but had a better nights sleep last. Managed to go school to drop my son of this morning although my hubby took him up to line up but getting there is better than not going at all. Going to try and eat some more toast as I'm sure the fact I can't eat much is making me feel worse. I just hope the meds work as I've really made myself quite over taking them