PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im new to this forum but I suffer from G.A.D and OCD

katie23
03-07-10, 15:22
Hi im 19 and i suffer from G.A.D and ocd! :wacko: I joined up as I am going through a ruff patch again!I suffered from anxiety when I was 12 up to 15 then it slowly went down I never thought Id suffer this bad again! I am now on the correct treatment although I am taking lexapro 10mg daily!

I was wondering if other people with anxiety worry about being near knifes and sharp thing or worry about hurting themselves or something stupid you know you wouldn't but the thoughts for me are causing huge panic attacks! Like omg what if i did loose control and hurt myself or the thoughts really got to me :shrug:I have spoke to my doctor about this and she says its quite normal and that when my medication gets more into me I wont feel like that!

Its a complete fear that goes through me that i might end up loosing it and killing myself then i picture my faimly etc without me and i break out in a cold sweat etc and dont trust myself near knifes if i do remember though last time i had this where no one could touch my throat or I pushed it to test myself or holding my breath!

I was wondering if anyone else suffers with this as I am finding it extremely distressing!and its keeping me awake at night the thoughts of OMG WHAT IF I DID DO IT!?

bomberbeamish
03-07-10, 17:28
welcome katie :D.

What your saying is normal for anixiety its them good old intrusive thoughts, ive had them and many others on here have. you have to keep telling your self , have i lost control yet ?? no you have not, im not sure why we all get them but its nothen un normal for people like us. you will find great advise and friends on here and once you go in chat room you can have one to one chat if you want or a laugh with the others.

i do hope you find some peace of mind on here .:hugs:

supersezza
03-07-10, 19:00
hi i think that's normal it's just horrible thinking and thoughts...just think when you are well u wont think that like!

hope the meds help x

Vanilla Sky
03-07-10, 19:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x