PDA

View Full Version : Strange frustration over everything

lior
03-07-10, 22:10
Hey all

I was fine, now I'm coming off my antidepressants and my chemicals have gone haywire.

I'm not even going to write about yesterday, it was awful.

But today I've been busy - and yet I have this horrible boredom of everything. I don't want to go out, I don't want to stay put. I don't like the music I listen to usually. I don't like other music either. I don't care about the girl I'm seeing. I don't care about forming any other love interest, boy or girl. I've had enough of everything. I have no patience.

Yet I can fake being happy to potential employers easily. Just, not my family any more. I can't pretend with them now.

I was never the type to be bored. If I was bored, it was pleasureable. It meant I wasn't working. I could watch TV. I wasn't really bored at all - I still had zest to do things. But this is unlike anything else. This is similar to being depressed only I actually have the energy to do things if I wanted to do them. It sucks!!

KK77
03-07-10, 22:23
Did you come off/reduce ADs with doctor's advice Lior? Perhaps you should have remained on them - you were doing so well.

Try to see your doc ASAP. You don't want to be feeling like this.

Take care and PM me if you want to chat.

lior
04-07-10, 00:01
Yeah, doctor's and therapist's. Got a new doctor now tho who's not that supportive. He just said 'well you don't want to stay on THOSE your whole life'... then messed up my prescription. Can't wait to see my therapist on Monday :(

KK77
04-07-10, 00:22
Sometimes I give up with these doctors. There's really nothing wrong with remaining on meds if they're helping. If they stop working that's a different matter of course.

I've been on sertraline now for nearly a year and recently increased my dose cos the depression/anxiety was creeping back. Ideally, I don't want to remain on it forever either but it's better than the alternative of crashing into a black depression.

I'm sure they'll sort it out once you tell them how you've reacted. You'll feel better again once you go back to your usual dose, so don't see this as a disaster - although I know it's not nice.

Be strong.