PDA

View Full Version : Yet another detachmeant feeling thread!

TheExtradition
04-07-10, 01:02
Well, I've been dealing with anxiety for a few years now, but it went away for nearly two years, until last week, when I got very ill and was diagnosed with Vertigo, it went away, but the medicine made me feel wierd, which I had panic attacks about. But yesterday, the first day off my meclizine, I felt a little detached, and foggy, like I couldn't focus on anything. But last night I fell asleep and woke up and felt okay until around 4. Maybe the fact that I only got around 6 hours of sleep could cause this feeling. But today after around 4, I felt totally spaced out and out of it. I was just wondering what the easiest way to get rid of this feeling would be? What can I do to make it go away, or ignore it? Thanks a million,

John

katie23
04-07-10, 02:24
Hey john ive just had labyrnthitus i was voilently spinning like you do with vertigo and the floor was moving also lights made me worse! And it flared up my anxitey! Im now back on meds! Do you feel like the worlds fake and lightheaded constantly?P.M Me if u want more info! but i do suggest if u feel like its ur anxitey get back on the meds it will just getworse with this condition

TheExtradition
04-07-10, 20:54
Thanks for the reply! By medication, do you mean medication for anxiety or vertigo? My vertigo was cause by damage to my ears that has since cleared up (thankfully!) and I'm dealing with the anxiety from it. The detachment feeling, I beleive, was a result of my constant stress and anxiety about the vertigo and my health issues, which caused a general anxiety flare up over numerous different things. I was just wondering how to get over the detached from reality feeling and get back to normal as soon as I can! I've noticed when I'm at work (it's a very low stress job at a bicycle shop) my anxiety and feelings of detachment are if not gone, much less. Would that mean that these feelings are just a result of my anxiety?

MT244
05-07-10, 02:03
Thanks for the reply! By medication, do you mean medication for anxiety or vertigo? My vertigo was cause by damage to my ears that has since cleared up (thankfully!) and I'm dealing with the anxiety from it. The detachment feeling, I beleive, was a result of my constant stress and anxiety about the vertigo and my health issues, which caused a general anxiety flare up over numerous different things. I was just wondering how to get over the detached from reality feeling and get back to normal as soon as I can! I've noticed when I'm at work (it's a very low stress job at a bicycle shop) my anxiety and feelings of detachment are if not gone, much less. Would that mean that these feelings are just a result of my anxiety?

Yes, it seems that they are a result of your anxiety if you dont/hardly experience it at work. Just try to keep busy after work. Dont watch too much tv as it will allow you to overthink everything. Try to read a book, run a few miles, try to cut down on caffeine for a while and you will be fine! :)

TheExtradition
06-07-10, 01:28
I did what you told me, and haven't thought about it as much as before, and it seems to really help! thanks alot!