PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie saying hi

Munchkin
16-02-06, 14:41
Hi everyone :)
I am new here and thought I would introduce myself. I'm 19 years old and suffer from anxiety and a specific phobia brought about by also suffering from M.E.

I hope I can make some new friends on here, people who understand, because I am having a real battle on my hands trying to get myself better.

This is a great website, with so much helpful information. Thanks for reading.

trac67
16-02-06, 14:47
Hi Munchkin,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

seh1980
16-02-06, 14:51
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

jackie
16-02-06, 15:07
hi munchkin
friendship we can give you
hope we can help as well
jackie

dream
16-02-06, 15:29
hi munchkin
welcome to this site
take care denisexxx

denise

sueiamnew
16-02-06, 18:33
Hi Munchkin and welcome to the site.

Munchkin
16-02-06, 18:35
wow, thank you for all the replies. I feel very welcome. I've been on the board most of today and there is so much support here. thank you!

Karen
16-02-06, 18:36
Hi Munchkin

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read of the information in the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) and Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms) articles.

Have you had any treatment so far?

Karen

jill
16-02-06, 18:40
Hi Munchkin

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help
and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Munchkin
16-02-06, 18:48
Thanks Jill.

Thanks for those links Karen, I just had a read and they're really helpful. I have tried Hypnotherapy to no avail and also homeopathy which didnt seem to help either. I am now looking into CBT and finding a suitable psychologist...i've posted in the 'treatment' forum about that.

There are so many lovely people here, i've been on a lot of forums for various things over the years but this is definately the best of them all.

nomorepanic
16-02-06, 19:31
Hi Munchkin

A warm welcome aboard the forum.

Please feel free to ask any questions you want to and there will always be someone around to reply.

Nicola

Meg
17-02-06, 09:24
Hi Munchin

What specific phobia do you have ? Most of us have had what we consider to be wierd ones at times but in fact we are not alone and they can pass with some work.

CBT is the way to go...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Munchkin
17-02-06, 15:03
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Munchin

What specific phobia do you have ? Most of us have had what we consider to be wierd ones at times but in fact we are not alone and they can pass with some work.

CBT is the way to go...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 17 February 2006 : 09:24:56</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Meg,

thanks for that website address, i'll take a look. I keep hearing many good things about CBT on this site and elsewhere, so i'm hoping it will help me.
My phobia is of becomming ill when i'm out. Some of the syptoms i've had with the M.E I suffer from are pretty awful and can be scary. I had M.E for about 4 years before I suffered with this anxiety and now I feel that this phobia is really holding me back from recovery...

thanks again for all the welcomes [^]

Dragon88
17-02-06, 18:03
welcome aboard! we are all in the same boat as you:D

Tomimo
17-02-06, 22:18
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I hope you'll find it supportive and encouraging here :)

Annie x