PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!!

CELTIC67
04-07-10, 13:40
hi everyone,been on cit for 10 months now,started last august on 5,then have moved up over the months to 50,started 50 7 weeks ago,and anxiety still bad,mood seems to have lifted,but some days the anxiety is worse,and ocd is worse as well,dont know if im not given each dose enough time to kick in,i have a bad few days and get obsessed that the pills are not working and get dose increased,also have had a stressfull few months,new flat,new job,and a death in the family,the anxiety seems to be really bad in the morning,i become really fearful and worried about the daftest things,and i am a recovering addict,so diazepam etc are out the question for me,i am at the end of my tether with it all and im gonna give it another month and if there is no improvment they are getting flushed,can anyone identify,or give me any advice,it would be greatly appreciated,thanx

jaded jean
04-07-10, 13:58
Hi Celtic67
Firstly welcome to NMP you will get a lot of advice from other users of citalopram with their experiences of it and support from all others.
I would say with looking at your ppost -no wonder you are anxious hun you have had a hell of a lot going on.Read the sticky at the top of the cit page the Citalopram Survival Guide- it gives every bit of info you should need. Failing that go back to you GP and see if you can get anything to calm you down temporarily.. dont be afraid to ask for something. How about CBT ? has that been offered to you?? .
I wish you luck, look into the chatroom if you want to talk to someone there will be someone there to have a private chat as well in the help room.
take care and keep posting = we will support you as much as we can
Jean

keta
06-07-10, 16:57
Hi

Maybe your GP should consider differemt tablets for you. 10 months it's a long time for the drug to start doing something even if you had some bad time lately. I would speak to your doctor if you not getting any benefit out of citalopram and feeling worse.

:hugs:
Keta