PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Tiredness

jaded jean
04-07-10, 15:34
Can anyone relate to this?
I have been on cit for 1st week into the fourth month now.I am now having daily bouts of extreme tiredness and I would fall asleep within 2 minutes If I let myself . Anyone else have this happen to them ??
Jean

JT69
05-07-10, 07:34
Hi Jean,

OMG!!! How strange cos I also have been feeling like that, so strange!!! I find that I feel fine and then all of a sudden this wave of exhausture comes over me and I feel absolutley dreadful...it does pass but is not nice at all!!

I wondered if the weather is contributing to it...not sure where in the country you are but I live in South England and it is so hot here constantly at the moment and that can add to the exhausture.

Lets hope it soon buggars off!!! LOL!! Hope you doing good apart from that.

Zzzzzzzzzzz Jo.xx

jaded jean
05-07-10, 14:38
Hi Jo
That is so strange I thought that was the initial part of when you first started the cit ! Anyway I had the heebie geebies today as I had sat and sun, off and it had time to build up so I got a consultaion call from the doc and he said well it is still early days so I will feel like that from time to time but I am at home Now and the tension in my chest is unbelievable.but there you go. My line manager said I should be 'cooking on gas' by this time next week, WHAT?? :ohmy:
TAKE CARE .

Bakerboy3685
05-07-10, 16:07
Can anyone relate to this?
I have been on cit for 1st week into the fourth month now.I am now having daily bouts of extreme tiredness and I would fall asleep within 2 minutes If I let myself . Anyone else have this happen to them ??
Jean

Hi there

I started taking Citalopram on 8th March so about the 4th Month now and pretty much the same timescale.

Today I am at my desk at work feeling like my head could hit my keyboard! I not felt this tired in ages but then since I started taking the tablets I have had poor sleep most nights. I have Zimovane (or Zopiclone) at home to hep me sleep but I am bit scared of taking these as they are very strong and I do not want to be come dependent on them.

jaded jean
05-07-10, 16:17
Hey BakerBoy.
My sleep is pretty dismal at the mo. I think it will be an up and down scenario for me for a while.
Have you taken any Zopiclone at all? I would try one when you are not at work the next day or even on holiday and see how you are the next day. You shouldnt get addicted / reliant on them after one. I have had diazepam 4 times in the past 8 months now and stopped them when told to and it took three days to get it out of my system and I was fine. you are talking to one of the greatest pill phobics here!
it can be a bit of trial and error finding the right balance- I am on Amitryptiline at night I only take one tablet when I could have two but thats my way of being in control. it relaxes me just enough then I listen to my relaxation cd and I am snoring within 10 minutes.
Take care and let us know how you get on.
Jean

Bakerboy3685
06-07-10, 17:09
Thanks Jean.

I have thought about taking them when I have no work or anything to do the next day, I just end up reading the side effects and scare myself! I'm sure I wouldn't get addicted to them after one but just don't like the thought of being knocked out of a night and being really groggy the next day.

I find I am having the most vivid dreams ever, which sometimes wake me up feeling like I haven't been asleep but instead gone into another world over night!

jaded jean
06-07-10, 18:00
Oh god we are so predictable arent we with that flippin sheet of paper in the tablet box haha. My husband roars at me - dont read the bloody side effects!!!!!Do you knw citalopram is the only meds I have not looked at the side effects for and I bit the bullet at that stage cos I wanted to get better. the side effects were gross, I had to change overnight from mirtazapine to cit. NASTY I can say. Thats my experience tho. the dreams I had on mirtazapine were awful -seriously glad I am off them. I wouldnt be suprised if we all on this site met up at one point in this ethereal world when we drop off at night.
You wont get addicted to them after one-you're thinking of crack cocaine hun:D

Take care

Pendragon
09-07-10, 22:34
My doc has just upped me to 40mg/day and I am feeling completely wasted. I actually fell asleep at my desk twice this week, for about 3-4 minutes I was eyes closed and unable to stop myself from dozing off. I haven't had an uninterruped nights sleep since starting them but Doc hasn't prescribed any sleeping pills. I think I'll ask at my next consulation though.

georgina20
09-07-10, 23:26
Hi please be carefull going up on cits i was on 40mg made me feel like a zombie !sleep OH YES ! interest in anything NO!!! off them now warning when you feel ready to come off them never do what i did i went cold turey oh gradually weaned myself down to 10mg then thought i can handle this .big mistake shock to my body or what ben off them about 4-6weeks tirdness at least 5 days a week moody crying hate waking up in the morning not knowing how im gonna feel .sorry just dont want anyone else to go what im going through take care

jaded jean
11-07-10, 14:35
Well I finally did it today - I fell into a deep sleep within 5 minutes of sitting down. Was doing anything energetic , I did not enjoy it as I didnt feel in control -I woke up after a few minutes but it felt like an anaesthetic. Does this happen alot on citalopram? I am on 20mgs, since I have woken up the yawning has stopped completely
JEAN:shrug: