PDA

View Full Version : brain tumor fear -dizziness/swaying feeling for 3 years driving me mad please help...

lollypopgirl1981
04-07-10, 17:38
hi, i was told by doctors 3 and a half years ago that i have anxiety, my mum had breast cancer june 05 and then chemo until nov 05 then in dec 05 i get anxiety, ive always been happy go lucky..easy going,, doing things on the spare of the moment, but my fear isnt cancer...strangley im so convinced i have a brain tumor or something in my brain is wrong and am convinced that it has caused me to get anxiety... i was dizzy every month for one week, for past 3 years but now its not going away i have a daughter of 18months and feel im not doing things i want to as dizzy / swaying i just dont wat to go out...im so scared its a brain tumor but im to scared to have and ct or mri done had eyes tested 2 years ago and all normal...had baby 18months ago inc blood tests all ok....i just cant belive im making myself dizzy/swaying...im new to this so have wrote loads sorry...im 29 years old would really help to hear from anyone if it was a brain tumor would i be having dizzy/swaying for 3 years???

lollypopgirl1981
04-07-10, 17:39
just to add, my mum is fine now 5 years on and great...bless her

ReneV
04-07-10, 17:55
Hi there,
I can relate to your dizzyness and swaying sensations. I get them everyday, they come and go ( sure is bliss when they go, even for 30 mins )
I've suffered from health anxiety and its many symptoms for almost 9 years.
Ive had blood tests as i too think i have a brain tumour, but my gp says my blood tests were all good...Its literally all in our heads. We need to accept that it is anxiety/stress and live with it ( easier said than done, whilst i type this with my dizzy/confused head and chest pains ) lol.

lollypopgirl1981
04-07-10, 18:05
Hi there,
I can relate to your dizzyness and swaying sensations. I get them everyday, they come and go ( sure is bliss when they go, even for 30 mins )
I've suffered from health anxiety and its many symptoms for almost 9 years.
Ive had blood tests as i too think i have a brain tumour, but my gp says my blood tests were all good...Its literally all in our heads. We need to accept that it is anxiety/stress and live with it ( easier said than done, whilst i type this with my dizzy/confused head and chest pains ) lol.
its so hard to convince yourself it is anxiety thou....lol if i had aa scan im sure if and i pray it was normal, im sure id then get something else or belive that they missed something...its a fight againest yourself this healf anxiety... im sorry your going through it aswell

ReneV
04-07-10, 18:23
Thats what anxiety makes us do..
Last few weeks i got to a stage where my head just felt confused. I could not think, make a decision, felt as if my brain was on vacation somewhere without me knowing! Anxiety kicked in big time as i was convinced it was a tumour or some other mental disease.
Doctor reassured me i dont have a tumour, or am having a stroke or a heart attack.
I Felt good for a few days..now the uncertainty is back with a vengeance along with all the symptoms/sensations! Its anxiety, my rational mind knows its anxiety, but my sub concious behaviour is tricking me a good one, and its not long before rational thoughts go out the window to be replaced with irrational thoughts..God help us!

Kerry B
04-07-10, 18:51
Hi I have been dizzy near enough constantly for the past 2 weeks, and my heart goes out to you its so scarey, I have seen 4 doctors had blood pressure checked, ears checked all fine they tell me I am causing this dizzy myself, which I cannot still my head round and like you have convinced myself I have something serious wrong with me. If Im amn causing this I just wish I knew how to stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ann01
04-07-10, 19:51
I'm so with you on this one, have had the dizziness and swaying for over a year now, I have this everyday it's horrible, I can't stand still at all without holding onto something I sway all over the place, and I'm dizzy whether I'm stood or sat down, it's such a scary feeling, I've had all kinds if tests done and all normal, I also dong it hard to walk a lot to as it feels that my legs aren't working and I have to force my legs to walk, it's so scary and it is hard to believe anxiety can do this to us, but my doctors keep telling me it can.
Good luck
ann

lollypopgirl1981
05-07-10, 14:40
Hi all that replied, im amazed im not alone, its so nice to know im not alone, but not nice you are all going through it...its like im constanley telling myself " ok its anxiety not a tumor but the more i say it im thinking what if im right and im putting down to anxiety...you would think nowadays there would be a pill just one pill with no side effects lol that you could take, that would get rid of the chemical imbalance that must be causing the anxiety...if only it would be that easy....i hate being like this as it puts me off doing things..the other day i thought right im going to jog even thou i felt dizzy/unsteady it took 5 secs before i had to stop and felt worse, but then i was thinking before and dueing the 5 secs that what if i pass out or fall and get really dizzy....its so annoying....i dont think there is another stuff out there about anxiety, my partner keeps saying stop thinking about it and keep talking about it and it will go away, but i say yeah easier said then done, wish i could... it definatley is the same feeling all you guys are feeling... thanks again for replying it actually does help...

kay1986
07-07-10, 00:49
does anyone get burning sensations on there head and tenderness, with numbness in there face or around there neck area along with there light headed feelings???:)

loveletter
04-09-10, 14:07
Hi I have had this since 1986 yes that long.
At the time that mine started my then only child age 4 got Leukaemia and was given weeks to live.
At the start like you I thought there must be something really really wrong with me like a brain tumour .
I read every medical book and even went to a and e a few times.

All these years later I am still here so I have had to accept that yes it is anxiety.

So glad to hear your mum is better, my son is fine he is a 28 year old man now, it was tough with all the treatment but thank God he made it through