PDA

View Full Version : Heat & Anxiety - Simple thought

suzannacorfu
04-07-10, 19:01
Hi guys,
I live in Corfu and the temperature here today was in the 90s. I always get very anxious in the heat and I hate that feeling of taking a breath and the air is hot. I feel like I am having trouble breathing and I panic. Anyway today as I say was very hot. I had the following simple thought:
Suze, hot air and cold air have exactly the same amount of oxygen in them, so...
I then took a great big deep breath of warm air and guess what? I CAN BREATH IN HOT AIR!!!! LOL!!!
It sounds so very simple doesn't it? Yet the difference that it has made is amazing. I then went out into the garden and deadheaded all the flowers standing in the roasting sun breathing wonderful hot air.
Well that's one down and another 100 or so fixations to go!!
Suze

supersezza
05-07-10, 19:23
yay!! rational brain won! that's the key!!

well done!

simona57
10-07-10, 10:27
As it is, the state of a person's mind and emotions can influence the physical health of that person. This due to the strong connection between the mind and body. Hence, it is not surprising that diet, advice about lifestyle and herbology all make up part of the acupuncture treatment in many cases. Acupuncture is an alternative medicine, which was practiced in China around five thousand years ago.

And you proved it that very intresting.

:flowers:

Vixxy
10-07-10, 10:29
Well done you!

juliej
10-07-10, 11:45
Well done Suze. My little girl and I had such trouble trying to sleep last night it was sooo hot and humid. But with cold flannels over our faces !! I said imagine back in winter when it snowed and we were cold and playing snowballs think hard we are doing that now . Well you know what it helped :D

Gideon.Waller
11-07-10, 02:12
Great job, Suze!

Gideon.Waller
11-07-10, 02:13
where is Corfu?

suzannacorfu
11-07-10, 14:03
Hi Gideon Corfu is a Greek Isalnd. Hot, hot, hot!

margaret jones
11-07-10, 14:36
Well done suzanna thats one for you thread good things xxxxx

Maggie

suzannacorfu
11-07-10, 15:27
Thanks Maggie!!!!!

spikey0377
15-07-10, 20:05
Hi Suze,

I have had this problem for the last 4 years really bad, in 2006 it was really hot in Kent for a few weeks, and I started having a real bad batch of panic attacks it was so warm that i could not go outside and was having trouble breathing or so i thought, in the end was crawling on the floor from room to room so that i did not collapse, i thought the heat was making my heart beat fast. I have not been to bad in 2007 was up North of England so not too bad and up until this summer not too bad, had a few days last year where i could not go out, but wow this last month has been a nightmare for me, am constantly watching the weather forecast, and dreading next week again as the heat is coming back.

Last week was confind to the house cant even get to the shops anything above mid 60's and my heart just races, not sure if it is all in my mind or if i have a problem with the heat and my body, but will try and do what you said and see what happens, thought i may have had a Thyroid issue but blood tests say not, so maybe in my head.

I love Corfu, not been for years, but in my younger teenage years travelled the Greek Islands for 2 summers, oh to be that brave again, not sure what happened to me:unsure:

CJ

suzannacorfu
15-07-10, 21:36
Good luck Spikey,
It works I promise!!! Brave? Moi?? Of course I am brave. It doesn't take courage to do something that you don't FEAR!!!!!!!
S we're ALL brave
Suz