PDA

View Full Version : worried about sedation

davey
05-07-10, 13:32
Hi all

I've got to have a nose camera in 2 days and iv been told ill be sedated for, iv never had sedation before and didnt know what it was really so I made the major mistake of googling it and yes now im mortified about having the sedation let alone the camera. Can anyone reassure me about sedation, I keep thinking its going to make me bad and give me horrendous palpitations or worse!!!!!!

Thankyou all

pollyanna
05-07-10, 13:41
Davey

i have exactly the same fear, i am terrified of it, and i do suffer a lot of palpatations anyway.
although i cant give you the reassurance first hand, i have read about other peoples experience on here, and from what others have said, you dont become unconcious like an anaestheitic, ( spell?) you just become very relaxed, and you can hear everything that is being said to you and follow instruction, i believe its only a short acting sedation too, so probably after an hour or so of the procedure being finished , you will just about be back to your normal self, and the other thing is you probably wont remember a thing about, although you are concious the whole time.

hope fully others will be able to reassure first hand from their experience.

good luck with it,

take care

P

gypsywomen
05-07-10, 13:42
my husband had it when he had camara ..he like you was scared ,but after he said it was fine and he felt very relaxed .

mattsmith
26-10-15, 14:36
good luck with it,

take care

dizzy daisy
27-10-15, 15:58
I've had sedation for a minor procedure and was stressing thinking about it. Honestly it's nothing to worry about xx