PDA

View Full Version : Hey all - afew questions...

lordanxious
05-07-10, 14:03
hi everyone

iv been suffering from health anxeity since the age of 9 and panic attacks since 2001 im now 23 and im having trouble again, on the weekend i put cold water over my head to cool off in the shower and it took my breath away which scared me considerably

im now in the zone and i think something is wrong with my heart iv had palputations for about 3 or 4 years which is becuase of my panic attacks and anxiety and i had one after the cold water thing and now im really worried about them and iv done the stupid thing of looking online at what causes them and seeing how they are linked to anxiety which they are i see but i cant help thinking something else is wrong

i need some guidance and reassurance im not sure what to do i keep waking up early i cant bring myself to do anything as i feel it will make me worry more i have trouble going to sleep as i can really hear my heart at night yet when i do finally sleep i wake up early feeling extremely anxious

what should i do? :weep:

gypsywomen
05-07-10, 14:07
perhaps the first thing is have a word with your gp ,your not alone feeling this way we have all been there ,its awfull ,do you take meds?

lordanxious
05-07-10, 14:20
hi

i've spoken with my GP had her listen to my heart, i had a EKG which was fine

i seem to be looking at "Dr Google" for answers which i know is a big no no but i cant really help myself i need something to stop this anxiety

she said they could do a 24 hour EKG but also mentioned that she was happy with my heart and that all it would do is make me worry further (which is true)

am i right in saying that if i had any heart problems... i would have either something wrong with that EKG or high blood pressure?? if i don't have either surely im ok? also my main concern is Atrial Fibrillation does anxiety lead to this or is it a completely seperate problem which anxiety will never cause? thanks to Dr Google its got me paranoid...

god i wish i could just put an end to all this worry :weep:

blueangel
06-07-10, 08:38
Hi there

First of all, it would be pretty unusual if the ECG had missed a problem with your heart; they're a precision way of checking out its functions. Also, as far as I'm aware, AF tends to affect older people, and I think it would be unusual in someone of your age.

Have you spoken to your GP about how anxious you feel? If you're waking early in the mornings it's a classic symptom of it - I've had this many. many times and I know it's one of the first things to kick in when I have an attack of anxiety. It sounds to me as though you need to verbalise your fears to the doctor and she should be able to help you get your head around them.

And above all, DON'T GOOGLE - it's the road to ruin!!!

lordanxious
06-07-10, 11:28
yea iv definetly learnt the dont google thing, i was just conerned about the palps in general (which iv not had any now even when going to sleep for over a week) now i think iv got Afib which im sure i dont becuase its descirbed as a intense beating heart over along time iv never had that problem ever just the occasional palp