PDA

View Full Version : 50mg to 100mg, neccessary?

J_S_N
05-07-10, 16:26
Ive been on Sertraline since January. First 2 months no change, then I felt loads better, less anxious and it was easier to deal with situations. Now I feel as I used to and think I need to up my dosage. Has anyone found thats helped or not?

I will make an app. with my GP first tho, of course

Ta =)

Georg
31-07-10, 12:44
Hi

These "blips" are perfectly normal, and may last as long as 2 weeks.
You feel like you are right back where you started and the feeling of despair is back stronger than ever.

The trick is to convince yourself that its just a fluke. That it is the medication causing you to feel this way. Accept all the horrible feelings, know that they will go away and do not mind them/worry about them at all.

If you are able to do this you might be surprised to see that it was only a minor setback and you were not heading back to "hell" again after all. Though do not expect those feelings to come within an hour... more like within 1-2 weeks :|

I discussed dosage increasing at length with my GP and I am glad we decided to not increase my dosage as it was only a blip.

I have had several blips after and I have always regained after 1-2 weeks. I see the pattern now of course and every blip that hits me becomes easier to handle.

I can only speak out of my own experience of course, you should consult your GP with any dosage changes or if you just need to have a professional opinion.