PDA

View Full Version : Its burst!

countrygirl
05-07-10, 18:20
My vaginal abcess has burst today and I know this is too much info but last time I didn't squeeze it at all and when I got to clinic next day they tried to squeeze it to get out any remaining gunk and it was too late and had sealed itself up again which may be why it came back in same place so this time being very brave I let my husband who has been a wonderful nurse! squeeze all the nasty stuff out - bit eye watering at times so will now wait and see what happens - due back at Drs Wednesday and antibiotics till Friday.
I honestly was struggling to live with the pain of this its very very nasty as is an abcess anywhere.
Of course I am still worrying about the antibiotics or that the infection will spread to my womb now that it has burst etc etc but thats health anxiety for you.

bottleblond
05-07-10, 19:09
I know how you feel hun. I had a massive abcess on my face a few weeks back and it was complete and utter agony. If it's not fully away then get another course antibiotics (this is what i had to do).

You'll be just fine!

Lisa
x

Sallysdream
05-07-10, 22:49
I know how you feel, believe me I suffer with Hidradenits Suppurativa for last 23 years. Don't squeeze it too much, can make it worse. Try warm flannels and hot bath. You can also but abcess cream

countrygirl
06-07-10, 09:07
Thanks both. Don't worry it wasn't squeezed other than quite gently more like pressing it flat not squeezing it- similar to pressing it with a hot flannel. As soon as it hurt rather than uncomfortable stopped pressing it. This time its gone flat whereas last time I still had quite a large soft lump left. The Dr at the hospital last time didn't half squeeze hard!