PDA

View Full Version : would you list all of your symptoms. Reassurance for others

sjr1969
05-07-10, 21:59
Hi, i know there have been similar posts, but i have so many symptoms and some new ones too at the moment that i think are anxiety. Mainly a flu type feeling, as ive posted on another post.

I would be really interested and reassured maybe, as other may be to hear what everyones symptoms are.

hope you will help x

sarah x

jothenurse
05-07-10, 22:53
Mine are:
tachycardia, hot flashes, gaggy/nausea with a lot of weight loss, feelings of unreality at times, lightheadedness, trembly feeling, mouth waters at times, IBS, some panic attacks, feelings of anxiety most of the time (at night it seems better).

Dahlia
05-07-10, 23:49
Mine are nausea, dry heaving, diarrhoea. I also get shaky and have 'prickly' back of legs - but don't notice them much cos I'm so focused on the awful nausea. You could probably add a little light-headedness into the list.

Dahlia

jothenurse
06-07-10, 00:00
Dahlia -
Has anything helped with the nausea? I have that and gagging/dry heaves. Have lost 20 pounds.

Dahlia
06-07-10, 09:02
Dahlia -
Has anything helped with the nausea? I have that and gagging/dry heaves. Have lost 20 pounds.

Well I mainly get those symptoms during a full on panic attack - although also at times of stress or just when I'm feeling anxious. So my approach has been to bring down the anxiety - I'm taking sertraline. (Sertraline makes me put on weight. When I'm not on meds I am naturally underweight, and when the anxiety affects my eating, I am painfully underweight).

I'm considering asking my doctor for Vistaril, which is an antihistamine that is prescribed for anxiety as well as being an anti-emetic. It's non-addictive and has very few other side effects.

I always carry Motilium with me (Domperidone) - which is an OTC anti-emetic, which I do find helps. The GP also gave me Stemetil, which is a stronger anti-emetic. They help on a day to day basis, but when I panic they don't do much, although I tell myself I will be ok because I have taken them, which helps.

I'm also going to try a hypnosis download that helps relax the gagging reflex.

Have you found anything that works?

MoonlightFire
06-07-10, 17:54
Floaters which seem to get better when Im not anxious
Lack of concentration
Memory problems
Feeling lightheaded, dizzy or disembodied
Feeling unbalanced when I walk
Gulping
Exaggerated startle reflex
Racing mind
Negative visualisations
Negative thoughts
Crying
Feeling like I have a fever when I don't
Rashes
Stomach pains
Upset stomach
Tired eyes and difficulty focusing
Irritability
Sighing
Leg cramps
Tension in neck
Feeling panicky
Oversleeping
Feeling really tired
Feeling 'heavy', my body feels heavier and walking feels like more effort when I'm depressed or anxious
Feeling like the floor is sloping or that I'm sinking

Can anyone relate to any of this?

Moonie X

loveletter
06-07-10, 18:43
Dizziness
everything spinning
Off balance
Headaches
Lump in throat
Heart jumping then feeling like has stopped
pains in arms and legs
hanging head to the left side
Walking to the left side more
Derelizattion
feeling of suffocation
body shaking

Kerry B
06-07-10, 19:26
Dizziness
Tingling in Finger tips and toes
tightened chest
feeling sick
urinating every few minutes
dry mouth
shaking
blurred vision
confusion
want to run but don't know where to go
twitching eyes
floaters
crying

melvin
06-07-10, 19:29
hi guys

dizzy
unreal
panic attacks
shaky
feeling scared

PanchoGoz
06-07-10, 20:22
Oh STOP.

Listen, symptoms are never ending with anxiety. People on a quest to list down every single symptom are just going to be feeding their anxiety more. If you read about symptoms, even if you do not have them, this will suggest to you more to worry about.

To be honest, all symtoms are anxiety, unless they are not, in which case you are ill or diseased, and you would know if you were!

Now about fifty people are going to comment on this thread because they like to tell other people about themselves and make sure they are having the same symtoms as everyone else. And gain reassurance again and again and again as the spiralling world of discussing sympoms will get bigger and more confusing! We are all just spinning a great big web around ourselves.

If you all want closure, you must except that the nausia, shakes, dizziness and EVERYTHING is a temporary symptom and when you stop looking into it, you will forget and your anxiety will ease.

I hope I cause no offence but I think some people will understand my point of view.

suzannacorfu
06-07-10, 20:35
YES Panchgoz! Well said! I understand completely the strong need for reassurance I have that too but it is what keeps us anxious. It is not possible to be reassured even if all the people on the planet had the same symptoms we would make up new ones. This is what we do. THIS IS WHAT WE DO. Once we have been assured that this specific sympton is harmless and caused by anxiety we just find another or find a reason not to believe the doctor/tests etc.
Panchogoz is right. The only way out is to step outside of the game. Watch yourself watching the symptom.
Good post Panchogoz. This does NOT mean that I belittle everyone else. I too am one of you but this doesn't work for us.
Time to stop.
Suz

kay1986
06-07-10, 23:33
hi, im new to this sight and was only told by my doctor that i have anxiety 6 weeks ago, she then put me on citalapram, the things that bother me are the fact that i feel like i want to do stuff like tidying the house and going out and being socialable but am fine thinking about it but when it comes to it thats when the symptoms start!!, i could be sat round a friends house chatting away when all of a sudden i will get light headed,get burning pains in my head , feel sick and get chest pains!!!, can any familiarise with this, because its really bothering me, the constant thought that i am going to die!!!

Going home
06-07-10, 23:44
Pancho I think you are right. If every person in the world examined minutely what their body was feeling at any given time, they would come up with a list...and that's including people who are not anxious by nature.

For example, I could ask my other half, who doesn't suffer from health anxiety, to list any symptoms he feels right now and he would come up with at least half a dozen. The difference is that he doesn't let them bother him and doesn't really notice them until I ask him, or if he does notice he just puts it all down to it all being part of life...:)

Anna xxx

nomorepanic
07-07-10, 00:29
Listing symptoms can be reassuring but also it can be non-productive as no-one explains why they get them,

Please read the symptoms page on the left that will explain a lot of these.

Sunkid
08-07-10, 15:31
Hey Pancho

I know that it is an exercise that is beyond comprehension for a bunch of people who are overly and irrationally concerned about their health to list their symptoms. But that is the whole point - health anxiety is irrational and if our venting of our irrational fears is a source of irritation or offense to you, why do you read it?
It helps me to do it. It may not make sense to you that it does, but the reality is that it does. See, it is irrational.
Today I battle with stomach cramps. They are so faint that I must really concentrate to feel if they are there. I don't know, do I have IBS, stomach cancer, an ulcer, a hernia or indigestion? I can go to the doctor, he will reassure me that it is nothing, but I probably will not believe him. If I do, there will be the headache or the pain in my knee that will have me worried tomorrow. So, it is a bit of a losing battle, but all days are not bad.
My anxiety level dropped when I started to understand it and this site played a primary role in that process and one small part of it was to be able to list and read others' lists of symptoms.
Today I am far better off than I was when I first discovered this site. I do not need to list my symptoms and I do not always have to read others' lists, but I do occasionally because it reminds me how far I have come and I am grateful for my progress. Everyone here has to be given the opportunity and the right to vent their frustration, fear and confusion. To those who are on the outside looking in, it seems futile, but take it from an anxiety sufferer - it helps