PDA

View Full Version : Hockey

BigBear
06-07-10, 08:34
Are there any lovers of the sport of hockey? I am Canadian, and love the sport. I am an avid Toronto Maple Leafs fan, and they haven't won the Stanley cup since 1967. I attribute a part of my anxiety to watching the Leafs fail year after year lol. I like what Burke has accomplished by adding Versteeg and Armstrong to our thin depth at forward. Hoping this is the year we make the playoffs!:yesyes:

Thanks for reading.:shades:

StandFree1903
06-07-10, 17:11
I used to follow the Fife Flyers. I'm more a football fan though.

JaneC
06-07-10, 17:22
Like StandFree, I'm more of a football (soccer) fan but used to watch (Ayr) Scottish Eagles a bit in the British Super League. I'm sure they had a good few Canadians on the roster over the years - tho probably no-one you'd ever heard of lol

StandFree1903
06-07-10, 17:42
The flyers had a couple of Canadian hockey stars.

Bluebelle
07-07-10, 15:44
I am Canadian therefore I am a hockey fan !

I love the Leafs too and yes it has been a hard life. I am a rabid fan of the OHL and have seasons' tickets and never miss a game. Did you know Doug Gilmour coaches the Kingston Frontenacs?

In general hockey talk I am saddened to hear about Probert passing, I am shocked by the Habs getting rid of Halak- and counting down the minutes until the puck drops for 2010-2011.

What's up with you ?

Bluebelle
07-07-10, 15:49
Oh I forgot to ask what is your feeling on Kaberle?

I don't really have a strong opinion but I don't know of anything better out there- I can tell you this I am thrilled with Phaneuf !

BigBear
10-07-10, 09:25
Oh I forgot to ask what is your feeling on Kaberle?

I don't really have a strong opinion but I don't know of anything better out there- I can tell you this I am thrilled with Phaneuf !

I think Kaberle is as good as gone. Our blue line depth is very deep on paper and Kaberle should get us a decent winger with some size, I hope. Kaberle is an excellent puck mover and is a great pp guy, but his time as a Leaf, is done.

I was overly joyed when we got Phaneuf, as he was one of my favorite players as is..now he's top 3 fav for sure. He could be that #1 franchise D that we so desperately seek.

BigBear
10-07-10, 09:28
I am Canadian therefore I am a hockey fan !

I love the Leafs too and yes it has been a hard life. I am a rabid fan of the OHL and have seasons' tickets and never miss a game. Did you know Doug Gilmour coaches the Kingston Frontenacs?

In general hockey talk I am saddened to hear about Probert passing, I am shocked by the Habs getting rid of Halak- and counting down the minutes until the puck drops for 2010-2011.

What's up with you ?

Yes, I got Doug Gimour's Rookie Card signed! He was a big part of our Leafs back in the early 90's..with that almost cup appearance in 93...LA stopped us that year...I could go on as to how upset I way with the reffing in that particular game.

Sad to hear about Probert..I know he battled his drug demons in the past, but I heard he cleaned himself up..45 is way too young, very tragic.