PDA

View Full Version : Doctors control

kate1
06-07-10, 19:55
I have terrible problems travelling in any form, train, plane, car etc.

I have a crisis at the moment where I have to go 400 mile round trip due to my mum having broken hip and disc shoulder, its not all as simple as that other issues going on aswell

I nearly passed out whilst driving once, and have not driven since, and really hate the car.

My brother who is screaming that he will never speak to me again unless I go and see my mum, which I dont have a problem with, its just the logistics. If your out of the box and cant do anything, he cannot compute with that. No empathy about how I cant just go and get in the car, Ive done it before. Yes Ive done it before under enourmous stress, to the point where it makes my partner an edgy driver with me in the car. So great, on top of the pressure of actually getting there, I have a brother who will disown me due to my travel problem, so much to the point I have now taken the decision for him, and said dont worry I wont speak to you again. Ontop of that my partner is fuming, and now giving him as good as he is giving me, and my partner is quite clever at not losing his rag, but getting his point across.

On the diazepam side of things, I have not had a solid address, so no proper medical records, I have just seen family doctor of my mums etc, or friend. But I have been on it before, but not had any for 13 months. But at the moment, just to get me through the journey I need some. The doctor was so reluctant, even though I havent had it for 13 months (no medical records) he gave me 2 x 2mg tablets for a 4 hour odd journey there and back. I asked for 4 tablets, not a pack. Now what I dont understand is why he wouldnt just give me 4 as a 1 off, knowing full well that he wouldnt offer me a prescription.

Im not in France anymore, doctors very different over there, different view on tablets altogether - she prescribed me 3 months in one go, I dont want anymore only for this journey