PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks ruling every day

phw
07-07-10, 08:58
Hi everyone. My first post on this very helpful site.

I have been through avery rough time the last 15 months. Having wanted to help someone, it turned around to be the worst decision ever. The lady went on to accuse me of drugging and raping her. Had to go through the most awful ordeal. Luckily, sanity prevailed as all the evidence backed me up and no case was made and I did not have to go to court. :yesyes:

When I heard the news in February, I felt relieved but I was spent emotionally and physically. My wife and I tried really hard to estabelish a sense of normality in our home again. All went okay until about 3 weeks ago when I heard that this lady made a case with the Employment Tribunal and I was asked to respond. The day after I got the news, I had a massive panic attack in the middle of London and my poor wife had to call an ambulance.:shrug: Since then I have had quite a few more.

This is my issue. I am well educated about panic attacks as I have had them for nearly 14 years. Unfortunatly I saw my dad die of a heart attack 10 years ago. So now, everytime I feel a little anxious, I see my dad dying and believe that the same is happening to me. I can not rationalise for that minute or two and completely lose my sense of reality. This has now become not only panic but extreme depression. I have no self-esteem and my image of myself is that of a complete loser. I hate this feeling! I am 32 and supposed to be high on life. I love my wife dearly and she has been my rock through all of this. I need to get better and be there for her also.

Thanks for reading. Just wanted to share because sharing makes me feel better.

Thinking of all of you out there with the same problems. Would like to hear your opinions and feelings.

leanne123
07-07-10, 09:38
Hi i am new to the site aswell, i have suffered panic disorder for 5 years following the birth of my son. I don t take medication because i dont like it after trying it, and i am on my 3rd set of cbt. I am finding it very hard to cope with at the moment due to it affecting my family and getting severly depressed. I been reading through the forums and cant believe there is so many like me, i was beginning to think i am the only one. x leanne

Chips
08-07-10, 00:33
Stick in there phw. I started getting panic attacks leading to depression after my dad suffered a heart attack. The irrational thinking brought on by fear is the worst aspect of all this. It will get better. Maybe you doc can help you.

kay1986
08-07-10, 02:04
hi leanne123, i am new to this sight to, just a quick question really, did you suffer with panic/anxiety before having your son??, the only reason i ask is because ive never been an anxious person, but since having my daughter 7 months ago, i have had anxiety ever since and am strugging to understand where it all started!!!, really gets me down because ive always been such an outgoing person and now i feel i cant get on with my life!! Dont get me wrong iwould not be without my little girl xxx

annzibabe
09-07-10, 10:38
Hi Phw,

I'm new to this site, so sorry if I'm not much help.

It really sounds awful, the way you are feeling. I've been suffering from panic attacks for the last 7 years and know how awful and scary they can be.

One thing that has really helped me tho, is to read information about panic attacks - like the stuff they have on this site. It helps me to rationalise my thoughts.

Another thing I do is, and this might sound crazy, jump around or do something that really gets my heart racing. For example, I was at the gym yesterday (something I couldn't do a few months ago, because of my panic attacks) and all of a sudden starting having a panic attack - so I forced myself to go on the treadmill and sprinted as fast as I could. This helped so much, as it took my mind of it.

I hope this helps you, even if it's just a little bit

Vixxy
09-07-10, 12:38
Wow, you poor thing. Thats got to be one of the most awful things to try and live through whilst suffering with panic attacks.
You need to get this woman out of your life as shes just causing you so much grief. Have the court offered any form of mediation? If you are innocent then I would go to the police and see if you can get her booked for harrasment. She cannot keep coming at you.
As for your panic attacks I think NLP might help you. To sum it up it takes those horrible memories and tags on new emotions and feelings to them. It does work. Im not a therapist, but I could give you some exersizes to work through should you want to. Send me a pm if youre interested.